What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highest Score Ever?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Was just browsing the F7's results archives and was wondering what the highest team score by a five man outfit was? I know the Eels got 450 out of 500 last year, but just noticed that Newie got 455 out of 500 in their opening Possibles vs. Probables fixture late last season. Has there been better ones? Those kind of records would be a good addition to the website, IMO.

Speaking of the website, what ever happened to the rather exhaustive stats on refereeing and such? The narciccist in me delighted in seeing what a hardass ref I am :crazy:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
CWBush said:
Speaking of the website, what ever happened to the rather exhaustive stats on refereeing and such? The narciccist in me delighted in seeing what a hardass ref I am :crazy:
They are quite exhaustive already. In the history link I've done a bit but offcourse its a work in progress.

But if you want more, we need someone to volunteer the hours.

About a year ago, some members got on the case and did a great job - there's threads with their results starting here: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=110720
Compiled by Broncodroid and Bomber (with help from all captains)

Its an excellent list of stats. However, it was a lot of work and I recall Broncodroid and Bomber were pretty knackered by the end of it.

On the top scores thing. To my knowledge there are three players who have had a perfect score. Gorilla (Bluebags in 2003 I think), Bunny Boy (Souths 2003) and Legend (Bluebags in 2002 I think).

I'm pretty sure the highest team score would be as you said it. Parramatta have it for a F7s premiership match with 450.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Willow said:
They are quite exhaustive already. In the history link I've done a bit but offcourse its a work in progress.

But if you want more, we need someone to volunteer the hours.
Given that I'm already entering stats after each round for the Backpacker awards, it shouldn't be too much trouble to expand on that a bit.

There could be stats comparing referees, and individual player stats for team captains to keep track of (if they wanted).

If you want to see how many different stats I could generate, just check out my website (in my sig)! :crazy: :crazy:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Its an excellent list of stats. However, it was a lot of work and I recall Broncodroid and Bomber were pretty knackered by the end of it.

On the top scores thing. To my knowledge there are three players who have had a perfect score. Gorilla (Bluebags in 2003 I think), Bunny Boy (Souths 2003) and Legend (Bluebags in 2002 I think).

I'm pretty sure the highest team score would be as you said it. Parramatta have it for a F7s premiership match with 450.

Yeah, I recall reading it and being amazed at the depth of detail. It was also good to see which refs were 'generous' and which weren't - gave captains a good idea of when they could get away with naming a few 'weaker' players.

As for the highest scores, I think that's another stat that wouldn't be a bad addition to the website's History section. I know a lot of players would get a bit of a buzz seeing their name in the 'all-time top scorers' list or their team in the 'best team scores' list.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah I agree. As I said its a work in progress. I'll add all that.

As it grows, the stats/history area will also need some tidying up, navigation-wise.

Cheers LeagueNut. We'll do that I reckon and I'll have squiz at your website when the opportunity presents itself.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If you need a hand, my OCD would undoubtedly love the fun of organising statistics. It's, sadly, something that I actually enjoy doing.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great stuff guys. Give me a couple of days to clear the desk and we'll sit down in a F7s mgt thread and see what can be done. How does that sound?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Great stuff guys. Give me a couple of days to clear the desk and we'll sit down in a F7s mgt thread and see what can be done. How does that sound?

Not a problem. Hell, if my planned move goes ahead, I'll have a painful amount of free time :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
CWBush said:
If you need a hand, my OCD would undoubtedly love the fun of organising statistics. It's, sadly, something that I actually enjoy doing.

i know a bloke with a mild case of OCD
some of his antics are deadset hilarious :lol:

G

gorilla

CWBush said:
Was just browsing the F7's results archives and was wondering what the highest team score by a five man outfit was? I know the Eels got 450 out of 500 last year, but just noticed that Newie got 455 out of 500 in their opening Possibles vs. Probables fixture late last season.

Umm, in a competition match, the Bloobags scored 45.1 (which is the equivalent of 451) in the 2004 season.
Was that 5 players ?
Moost 'ave bin !

BTW, my pride is the range of scores a 0 and a 10 :cool:

G

gorilla

Nah, sorry - it's in my banner tho' :)

Maybe it was mentioned at awards night ... I'll have a look-see

G

gorilla

It seems to be 'not there'.

Now if all trace of 2002-03 is gorn - does that mean, hypothetically you understand, that players could reuse material from 2003 ?

G

gorilla

Here's one better:

EASTS

Penelope Pittstop – The Todd Byrne Experience 8.8
A post in two parts – a wonderful filk of American Pie and an interview with Todd Byrne. Good stuff.

Morticia – One for the Team 9.2
Fascinating article and elegantly written.

The Backpacker - From the Penthouse to the Basement, in One Fowl Swoop 9.1
Good solid article with enough character and personal viewpoint to make it an interesting read.

Ozzie – ArthurBeetson – Come on Down… Have another pie.8.9
Retrospective on Arthur Beetson. Well written and informative.

Lord Reynoldson – The Truth behind A Legend 9.3
Opinion piece on the elevation of Andrew Johns to untouchable status. Clearly and strongly written.

TOTAL: 45.3

NEWTOWN BLUEBAGS

Moffo – Remembering the Titans 9.2
Tom Cruise as Bill Harrigan? Love it. And well deserved praise for the ‘Titans’ of the game.

Willow – Mundine – Love him or lump him 9.0
Anthony Mundine’s career so far. Lots of research and competently written.

Gorilla – The Bigger they are… 9.8
Gorilla’s posts always jump off the screen with life and energy and his own personal slant on the game. I laughed out loud, a lot, at this one and yet he made a serious point in amidst the humour. Brilliantly written, full of character and one of the best posts I’ve read in ages.

Roopy – The Pre-Season; Underutilised 8.5
Interesting proposal and it’s nice to see something about the international game.

Hass – Stuck in Neutral 8.9
Who do you barrack for when your team’s already out? Many people here will feel your pain, Hass.

TOTAL: 45.4

Newtown Bluebags 45.4 defeat Easts 45.3

Poster of the Match: Gorilla for Newtown

ahem .... good ref, that Mystique

G

gorilla

Gawd, here's a higher score and one of those "Bo Derek" scores:

Let me start by saying this was a wonderful round to ref with an amazingly high standard.

NEWTOWN

WILLOW 9.5

Willow, a brilliant article. Extremely well written, witty and interesting. I reckon she was guilty!!

MOFFO 8.7

90's rock Man, you make it sound like it's old or something :}. The NRL do need to promote games more. Shame you were restricted by the word count.

HASS 8.9

Thoughly enjoyable read, a great mix of humour, truth and a bloody good idea. Well Done!!

GORILLA 9.6

I was recently looking at old photo's and was interested to note the body shape change. Originality, well written and researched.

ROOPY 8.3

I have always expected the yanks to take to the game, so it's good to hear that the quality of football is improving. Informative Article.

SOUTHS

TERRACESIDER 9.1

Another great article. Very well researched and of current interest. You raise some interesting issues.

SEANO 9.3

An honest and sincere wrap up of the South Sydney's 2003 Season. A fantastic review.

OLYMPIC PARK 8.6

Well thought out article and there is merit in all your points. Top Article.

RED DRAGON 8.6

I personally found this interesting and a topic that I haven't read much about. You've scored well for originality of topic.

BUNNY BOY 10

Why a 10 you may ask. Poetry should convey a story and not just be about words ryhming. I can feel the passion that this was written in and I congratulate you BB.

MOM Bunny Boy
Encouragement Award to Red Dragon

SOUTHS 45.6 DEFEATED NEWTOWN 45

Personally - I hate poetry ...:crazy:

G

gorilla

JUST for the record - Willow,

I've actually had two tens.

I got one in 2002 with an article that had nothing to do with league and was about fertility rites and AFL.

Then there was this one below.

I had always thought the single 10 was for the AFL article but I was ... confused. !
NEWTOWN
Gorilla - 10
Very interesting post, and expressed well. Simply could not fault it.

Willow - 9.2
Shows good knowledge of RL history and obviously well researched.

Roopy - 8.5
Raises good points about the game in the US of A

Legend - 8.5
Good ideas; shows that expansion isn't impossible

Hass - 8.7
Top notch entertainment with argument.

EASTS
Lord Reynoldson - 9.5
Argues the point well, and highlights all the potential in other states.
Imagine how many more Johnses, Tallises, Peacheys and Lockyers there are out there.

The Backpacker - 8.9
Talks about loyalty coming into the game.

Brook - 9.3
Interesting account of how you get your team.

Ozzie - 8.7
Full of jokes, entertaining, and a bit of historical fact as well.

Penelope-Pittstop - 8.5
Inventive new concept of interviewing a player.

NEWTOWN 44.9 DREW EASTS 44.9

Latest posts