What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highlights of the World Club Challenges

oval

Juniors
Was a solid punch. Tamou wasn't looking so it wasn't particularly sporting, but if you're gonna throw a punch, better make sure it lands. And that one landed.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Who do people think was the best English TV game caller?

1. Rod Studd (Sydney Roosters vs St Helens);

2. Bill Arthur (Brisbane Broncos vs Wigan Warriors);

3. Eddie Hemmings ( Nth Queensland Cowboys vs Leeds Rhinos).

Oh eddie and stevo by a mile

their unbiased call was a pleasure to listen to

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Bit hard to feel sympathy when a bloke who makes a living off cheap shots and sucker punches gets sucker punched.

English Rose

Juniors
Yeah righto champ - Lose someone to this shit and then get back to me... Tosser

Mate this happening on a rugby field is totally different to the streets. If it was the same Garbutt would be arrested facing criminal charges but he is not. If you want to see a proper cheap shot watch Ben Flower punch Lance Hohaia in the 2014 Super League Grand Final

English Rose

Juniors
The highlight for me of these series' is that they're an annual reminder to the English that despite their famously snooty and pompous demeanour, they are, in fact, really shit at Rugby League.

I agree that our club sides are streets behind yours. However the fact that most of out best players play in the NRL and the Super League is full of 2nd rate Aussies also contributes to that!

Last Week

Bench
I agree that our club sides are streets behind yours. However the fact that most of out best players play in the NRL and the Super League is full of 2nd rate Aussies also contributes to that!

It does contribute, yes, but how many players are you talking seriously? The Burgess brothers, Josh Hodgson, James Graham, you can't claim Widdop as he never played in SL.

British clubs aren't weak because of the best players being in the NRL. It's the money that goes into other areas of training, the intensity week in week out in the NRL is much higher than compared to SL. Our players are given a more competitive environment to test and develop their skills.

Frankly, NRL clubs are more professional than Super League clubs.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Yeah righto champ - Lose someone to this shit and then get back to me... Tosser

Of course if you've been personally impacted you'll have a more extreme feeling on the matter... Doesn't hurt to give some leeway on moderate opinions to generate discussion.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It does contribute, yes, but how many players are you talking seriously? The Burgess brothers, Josh Hodgson, James Graham, you can't claim Widdop as he never played in SL.

British clubs aren't weak because of the best players being in the NRL. It's the money that goes into other areas of training, the intensity week in week out in the NRL is much higher than compared to SL. Our players are given a more competitive environment to test and develop their skills.

Frankly, NRL clubs are more professional than Super League clubs.

Avg NRL club spend $20million
Avg SL club spend $7million

I should fricking hope they are more professional, better conditioned, better coached etc etc etc

Cowboy_4_Life

Juniors
Highlight was Feldt showing zero regard for Ryan "The Greatest Winger The World Has Ever Known" Hall

xEs6VhH.jpg