What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highschool friends

StormChaser

First Grade
Thanks to FB I'm sure many of you are in contact with old school friends, but how many are in close contact? Someone is organising a reunion but I still see the people I liked at school, the rest are on fb and that's enough contact for me. What about you?

joshie

Live Update Team
I graduated in 2010 and I talked to about 90% of the cohort. i recently did a clean out of people i didnt have or want close relationships with so thats dropped to about 40% of them. either way its still a decent number and if it wasn't for fb i doubt that i would have remained in contact with so many!

StormChaser

First Grade
Without fb I'd really only be in contact with about five of my school friends I reckon. Some people are in your past for a reason.

IanG

Coach
Any of my friends from High School I'm still in contact with. But any time anybody from my High School have a reunion I'll be too busy rearranging my sock drawer

Graduated in 2008

Have my core group (5-10) that I talk to and see on a very regular basis, and hopefully we'll be friends for life.
Have another group (15-20) that I will see for special occaisions (birthdays, etc) but don't will not see them more than once or twice a month, although it is always good to catch up with them, I somewhat expect to slowly drift away from a lot of them, but there are a few in this group who I will always try and keep in touch with.
Then there are a few others who since school I have become tighter with through uni or others friends. I generally don't keep in contact actively with these people, and when our current relations end (eg graduate from uni) I probably won't see much at all.

The rest....stuff them, wasn't friends with them in high school for a reason.

If the school had a reunion in a few years I'd probably go, if for nothing else than to see the people in the second group.

Apey

Staff member
finished in 2008, don't see any of them and only talk to 1 of them... rarely

I had a falling out with one of the most popular people in year 11 and have pretty much been out of the circle since

couldn't care less about not seeing/talking to the majority of them, sucks for the few I was close to though

Moffo

Referee
probably about 7-8 and i left 10yrs ago

recently had a 10yr reunion. no f**king way i'd go, as others have said, there are reasons why you don't stay in contact! FB is more then enough contact for me as well

Knightmare

Coach
There are about 3 or 4 that I stay in semi-frequent contact with, I graduated in 2003.

FB aside, I look forward to the reunion. There were some decent sorts in our year, hopefully there will be a couple of single ones there...

adamkungl

Immortal
Due to people moving out of Sydney there's only 1 of my main group that I hang out with regularly...5-6 others that i regularly talk to and make an effort to catch up with...outside of that, couldn't really give a f**k.

Didgi

lol hope I don't end up like some of you, only a few in my grade I'd actively avoid I think. Overall a good bunch, bet most don't feel the same about me but anyway :lol:

adamkungl

Immortal
Sorry Didg...you'll probably only stay close with a few people from school, less if people spread out going to uni and shit.

Big Pete

Referee
Graduated in 2007

I keep in regular contact with a couple of them but I rarely see the groups I hung out with in high school.

It's cool though, I tend to bump into a lot I barely knew and we always stop and have a brief chat. I don't think there's anybody I don't get a long with in my old grade in that sense.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I still have close contact with 2 friends from High School '86. One is my youngest son's godfather

Others have tracked me down on fb

I had to turn off the chat because they kept wanting to ......."chat". :roll:

Hallatia

Referee
high school? I still talk to people from primary school. Wanted to organise a ten year reunion, but the main organiser disappeared off facebook, so it didn't happen and one of the guys from our class died.