What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh Announces Retirement

jimmy77au

Juniors
Parramatta Eels great Nathan Hindmarsh to quit rugby league at the end of the season

588358-nathan-hindmarsh.jpg

Eels great Nathan Hindmarsh is to retire at the end of the season. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

NATHAN Hindmarsh has officially announced he will retire from rugby league at the end of this season.

One of greatest Parramatta players in the club's 65 year history, Hindmarsh played a staggering 310 games for the Eels - his only club.
He also played 17 games for NSW and 22 Tests for Australia.
Hindmarsh is due to release a video within the hour explaining why he decided to quit.
He will lace-up again on Saturday night for the round five match against Manly at Parramatta Stadium.
Follow @Telegraph_Sport on Twitter and like Telegraph Sport on Facebook

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...nd-of-the-season/story-e6frexnr-1226313580774

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
A sad day. A shame it has to end, while the club is and has been on a steady decline.

Djay

Juniors
I feel for him to never win a premiership which he deserves, sad stuff. Unless they decide to start playing and send him off on a good note. (High hopes)

Suitman

Post Whore
It's a shame, but I think the last two weeks have had a bit to do with his decision. I reckon if we were cruising, and he was cruising, that he may just have considered another.
I dearly hope that regardless of our performance till the end of the season, the fans give him the farewell season he deserves.
Yes, this IS a sad day, but all in all, he's had a stellar career and he should be proud of the fact that he'll go down as one of the all time Eels greats.

Suity

Captain BF

Juniors
My favourite ever Eel. It's a sad day.

Even more incentive for all the supporters to get to as many games as possible this year. Let's send him out with our full support.

Go Hindy! You legend!!!

EELICIT

Juniors
First player to make 10,000 tackles. Legend.
First eels player to make 30,000 running metres.

Gronk

Staff member
Well at least he had the opportunity to announce his retirement rather than than some merkin from the club blabbing the news (Caylo).

Hope he has fun this year and he doesn't regret the whole "one year too many" thing.

oldmancraigy

Coach
First player to make 10,000 tackles. Legend.
First eels player to make 30,000 running metres.

Not to mention best cover defender we've ever had.

Absolutely destructive ball runner in the early 2000s.

Hoping he gets the farewell he deserves and we don't lose another game this year.

Joely01

Bench
What a sad sad day.

Nathan Hindmarsh you are a true legend of the game, and i feel priviledged to have watched your career. You are the heart and soul of this club and will leave a huge hole to fill.

Please pick yourseleves up boys and give this man what he deserves. Please

ash411

Bench
Definitely a sad day, and a shame.

Going to be a big loss for the club, but I have to say after the last 2 weeks I saw this coming, Was at the Panthers game with my mate, and called this at full time.

I'd love to say the team will lift for a top 8 finish, but I honestly can't lie to myself, and that's the biggest shame, that we will be sending out easily one of the Eels greatest ever players, from the bottom end of the table.

The least the team can do is lift enough to not send him out with the wooden spoon..

Bazal

Post Whore
I won't know what to do, following an Eels side without Hindy. He's just always been there...very sad news, but when it's time, it's time I guess. Hopefully we can stop embarrassing the bloke on the field at the very least...

J.hardiplank

Juniors
Should also at least be a dual premiership winner if not for the existence of Brian Waldron & cheating scum. Has anyone glassed that prick yet or what?

Long live Hindy!