What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh appreciation thread.

Snoochies

First Grade
Congrats Hindy. Modern day Mr Perpetual, congrats on the greatest career in the Blue and Gold and I must say I shed a tear when you kicked the goal and hearing the full time siren on your career. Who now carries the heart of the Blue and Gold now. Personally, you and Burt were the last piece of the true Eel.

Eelogical

Referee
Well, in all seriousness, maybe the team should have stepped up and shown some appreciation tonight. I feel for the guy.

muznik

Juniors
I'd just like to say "thanks for the memories"!
Even through bad games Hiney pulling off a desperate covering tackle was enough to make u smile.
I hope it isn't too long before we see another never say di, young forward wear the Blue & Gold.
They have A LOT to live up to!
Hiney, enjoy your retirement. You've earned it mate!

Sean7

Juniors
Well, in all seriousness, maybe the team should have stepped up and shown some appreciation tonight. I feel for the guy.

Seriously, today was pathetic. You could see St George wanted to finish as winners, possibly for Hornby and Young, who knows. We didn't even seem to care.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Great Career by Hindy and Burty only other time ive felt sad a player/s retiring was when Sterlo retired in 92

Eels Dude

Coach
Seriously, today was pathetic. You could see St George wanted to finish as winners, possibly for Hornby and Young, who knows. We didn't even seem to care.

Agree. 45 thousand of us fans turned up tonight to give our farewells. Shame a number of his team-mates didn't do the same.

Regardless, congrats to Hindy on a wonderful career and he'll always be my favourite player. Legend.

Snoochies

First Grade
Was hoping this thread would be more about Hindys career rather than the last game. Hindys achievements far outweigh this game.

Parra Pride

Coach
Was anyone else disappointed he didn't do a Jamie Soward dance? It looked like he was going to, but didn't. Some random merkin in the box I was in bet me $50 he'd miss, fortunately I saw him nail one from the sideline yesterday.

#EasyMoney #SilverLining

Eelogical

Referee
Was hoping this thread would be more about Hindys career rather than the last game. Hindys achievements far outweigh this game.

That was never going to happen. Tonight's effort was a disgrace so that will take precedence for the time being......that is until mad mondays report, then it will be cricket season.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
watched him play throughout my whole childhood. Absolute champion player and bloke and I'm honoured I had the privilege o watching him play.

Parra Pride

Coach
That was never going to happen. Tonight's effort was a disgrace so that will take precedence for the time being......that is until mad mondays report, then it will be cricket season.

I don't like cricket though.

#I'llJustWatchAnime'TilMarch

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Thanks for the memories

Greatest tackle was the 2009 final against the dogs Enis looked like he was going to score but hindy got him!!