What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh: Blues can't 'arse' about - FOX SPORTS

StEely Matt

Juniors
Blues can't 'arse' about

By Todd Balym and Tom Wald
June 06, 2007

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21859850-23214,00.html

NATHAN Hindmarsh expects to get "the arse" from the New South Wales State of Origin side if he doesn't play well, and he isn't alone.
Hindmarsh is one of several experienced Blues campaigners who will be playing for their representative futures in next week's second Origin clash at Telstra Stadium.
Captain Danny Buderus is under threat from Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah while Luke Bailey, Brent Kite and Matt King are all on thin ice with in-form contenders Mark O'Meley, Jason Ryles, Paul Gallen and Eric Grothe circling.
The Blues must win to keep the series alive and second rower Hindmarsh says he has to lift or be sacked for the third game in Brisbane on July 4.
Hindmarsh was half expecting to be dropped for Origin II and plans to use that feeling as motivation.
"I didn't have my bags packed, I know that,'' said Hindmarsh.
"I didn't play well (in Origin I) and if I don't perform again I'm facing the arse.''
Prop Bailey is another under fire. Despite leading the way with 40 tackles and 14 hit-ups in his 59 minutes off the bench in Origin I, he copped criticism for two handling errors in the second half.
"You need a kick up the backside sometimes, I don't think, God help us if we lose (that) you don't play Origin again, but it is getting that way,'' said Bailey.
"I think if you don't aim up and win this next game then why would they bother picking you for game three if there is nothing to win. They will blood some new blokes.
"I don't think you are playing for your careers but for an Origin jumper in game three.''
Buderus said he would expect changes if the Blues lost game two, and thereby lost a second consecutive series.
"You don't want to look into a crystal ball, we're about something that's in our control and that's next week's game,'' he said.
"You don't like to lose two series in a row. If we lose this game it's probably understandable if they did make changes."
Queensland veterans Steve Price and Petero Civoniceva produced a Herculean effort to dominate NSW in Origin I, but Bailey said the addition of experienced halfback Brett Kimmorley would help the Blues pack get over the Maroons.
NSW lost direction when Buderus had a 17-minute spell and Bailey said Kimmorley would ensure the Blues maintained their direction if the skipper needed a breather.
"In a game of that pace and that fast when you are tired you sometimes need some direction and the added bonus of Brett Kimmorley is he will give us that,'' said Bailey.
"Jarrod Mullen was great on debut but we lost a bit of communication there in the second half when we got tired but Noddy is used to that.
"I think his leadership will fix us up there like Joey (Andrew Johns) used to do it.''
Buderus agreed and said Kimmorley would push the forwards around for the entire 80 minutes.
"He is going to bring a lot of experience to the team,'' said Buderus.
"His kicking game is going to be what we need to push us around the park and he is a very dominant voice which the forwards will appreciate.''

AAP

Kornstar

Coach
What did Hindy do wrong in the first game? The coach did the wrong thing by only playing him for 64 minutes and Ryan for the whole 80!!! Sack the coach before you sack anyone!!!

carson

Juniors
Kornstar said:
What did Hindy do wrong in the first game? The coach did the wrong thing by only playing him for 64 minutes and Ryan for the whole 80!!! Sack the coach before you sack anyone!!!

Have to agree with you there, how can we have a coach who has such a vested interest in the opposition team? Can't imagine him telling our forwards to smash Thurston every time he gets the ball, the guy could have played in a dinner suit last game.

When you are a coach which is more important your club or your state? I think the fact that a lot of the coaches make themselves unavailable for SOO answers that one!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
Bingo!! And taking Hindy off after 23 mins WTF!!

tollgateadzy

Juniors
HINDY is probably the first player picked & I would say that if anything happened to Buderus that he would be captain. Willie hasnt got the respect of the referees to be captain. I mean that is if the coach hasnt replaced HINDY as well !