What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh to consider another season

Springs

First Grade
maybe you just saw the 6 billion posts pou makes about such things and mistook them for "everyone"

It wasn't the posters in this thread (the majority of them anyway) but for a while after every game there were whingers calling for his immediate retirement, despite the fact he had already announced it and there was no chance of us making the 8.

I'd love nothing more than Hindy playing one more year. I would also love that if by the off chance we are going well next year and we get a few injuries he makes a comeback. However if he were to play and have another season like this one, could he take it? He wouldn't deserve it.

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd love nothing more than Hindy playing one more year. I would also love that if by the off chance we are going well next year and we get a few injuries he makes a comeback. However if he were to play and have another season like this one, could he take it? He wouldn't deserve it.

The club could just register him as a player for next year just in case that does unfold. Wouldn't it be great to see us on a leading charge towards the finals next year but after a couple of injuries the club could call on Hindmarsh for a comeback and that inspires the rest of the side to a GF victory similar to Langer's origin comeback 10 years ago.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's already gone one season too long. Should he really make it two?

Being past it looks very similar to not-yet-up-to-it (for the younger blokes); the player is capable of a big game every now and then but struggles on a week-to-week basis.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Being past it looks very similar to not-yet-up-to-it (for the younger blokes); the player is capable of a big game every now and then but struggles on a week-to-week basis.

:lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's played a handful of good games his year. Let the poor old bastard retire with the little dignity he's got left.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

He's doing a far better job than your downward week-to-week struggle from post to post.
It's terrible watching the slow decaying malfunction of your brain on this forum.
Look forward to your next impersonation of Lazarus.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
M8300537-A_baby_sucking_on_a_dummy_in_it_s_cot-SPL.jpg

B-Tron 3000

Juniors

You're correct about youngsters and oldsters struggling to be consistent, but I question whether or not he has gone on too long.

I would have agreed a few months ago. But perhaps the decision to cut back on his training has given a new lease of life?

Craig Fitzgibbon looked past it and then had a resurgence, for example, and maybe Hindy only needed a few things in place to be similar.

The problem is (apart from the fact that we have not heard peep from him about wanting to stay on) that it's hard for us to know why he has gone ok lately.

If Ricky wants him to perform a cut-down role it might work. Lord knows the team need to get used to defending without him. There is just as much chance that he will look tired and bring down the energy of our team.

It's a risk, that's for sure.

Springs

First Grade
The club could just register him as a player for next year just in case that does unfold. Wouldn't it be great to see us on a leading charge towards the finals next year but after a couple of injuries the club could call on Hindmarsh for a comeback and that inspires the rest of the side to a GF victory similar to Langer's origin comeback 10 years ago.

Yep I agree would be great to see that happen.

And :lol:mad: Poupou

forward pass

Coach
Maybe not lose , but Arthur was astute enough to put him back on after 10 minutes of the second half when the donkeys made their big push at us.
I reckon Hindy's presence either boosted the team's confidence or just scared the shit out of them to start tackling again

I noticed that too. I know it is only one game (possibly two - it is likely he was also in charge for the game against the Storm) but Brad Arthur seems to know his stuff. There have been many with less credentials than this bloke coach first grade......obviously.

WOE

If Brad Arthur knows his stuff so well, why was Hindy off in the first place - especially after half time when he has just had a 10 minute rest?

I am wrapped he is in charge over Kearney but that decision still baffles me.

Latest posts