What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh to consider another season

born an eel

Bench
Go and have a look at any games where one team lets the other team play the ball quickly. The result is a forgone conclusion.
when your running one out and getting monstered by 3 or 4 defenders you are never going to get a quick play the ball.

i think even the people working in the bar behind the stands could tell who would get the ball next and they just smashed them.

and one thing leads into another its like ripples in a pond; because you are getting smashed running one out you aren't making much ground, which leads to poor field position, which leads to you being buried in your own half, which leads to tries against you

Eels Dude

Coach
and one thing leads into another its like ripples in a pond; because you are getting smashed running one out you aren't making much ground, which leads to poor field position, which leads to you being buried in your own half, which leads to tries against you

Not only that but you're not forcing the opposition have to work hard in defence as your attack is too predictable, which allows them to keep fresh and keep their line in defence a lot easier and keep you on the backfoot even more. We have played so one out at times our opponents have been bludging against us a lot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
when your running one out and getting monstered by 3 or 4 defenders you are never going to get a quick play the ball.

i think even the people working in the bar behind the stands could tell who would get the ball next and they just smashed them.

Exactly, and it's because our players didn't make the effort most weeks to support the ball carrier.

They've been working on improving it all year: http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Facebook-Questions-Round-22/60929

But really, first graders know they need to push up in support, just like they know to stay behind the kicker at kick off. It just comes down to lack of effort.

You really think the gameplan was to not support the ball carrier and watch him get dominated by four defenders?

Parra

Referee
Don't forget to pick the maddest merkin at lock. 5 hit-ups. Kick and hope for a mistake. It's called structure in some parts.

Ratchy

Juniors
His tactics where boring than-I mean i can coach a team to do 5 hit ups and put a kick in chase and a bomb if in the oppositions 20...
There wasnt a lot of second phase plays etc...

Absolute bullshit. That is an old goldie played out on here over and over again despite the players coming out in the media more than once during the year saying the attack plans had been opened up.

Bigfella

Coach
It's much easier for people to cling to than acknowledging things like some of our players aren't up to it, and that years of awful recruitment and retention have left out roster below standard, and that overpaying certain senior players has distorted our squad balance and attitude.

If the only issues in the joint were tactics and game plans Ricky wouldn't have to be warning that next year would be ugly too would he?

oldmancraigy

Coach
It's much easier for people to cling to than acknowledging things like some of our players aren't up to it, and that years of awful recruitment and retention have left out roster below standard, and that overpaying certain senior players has distorted our squad balance and attitude.

If the only issues in the joint were tactics and game plans Ricky wouldn't have to be warning that next year would be ugly too would he?

Yeah - I reckon if I'd been appointed to take over the worst team in the comp I'd be telling everyone that a premiership was guaranteed :roll:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Exactly, and it's because our players didn't make the effort most weeks to support the ball carrier.

They've been working on improving it all year: http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Facebook-Questions-Round-22/60929

But really, first graders know they need to push up in support, just like they know to stay behind the kicker at kick off. It just comes down to lack of effort.

You really think the gameplan was to not support the ball carrier and watch him get dominated by four defenders?

I think if it was my job to teach people to do that, AND I'd had 2 years (including 2 offseasons), AND changed a number of personnel, THEN it might be my fault that I couldn't teach them to do that.

Especially since they seem to be able to do it the week following my demise.

StrawMan.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
FMD in every professional team sport in the world, the buck stops with the coach.

Except our old one apparently.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think if it was my job to teach people to do that, AND I'd had 2 years (including 2 offseasons), AND changed a number of personnel, THEN it might be my fault that I couldn't teach them to do that.

So you agree the problem wasn't our tactics.

Especially since they seem to be able to do it the week following my demise.

They also did it on and off before he left - half a game here and there and the odd whole game.

So while I agree Kearney couldn't motivate them, to blame our tactics shows a lack of understanding. If you nitwits know that players need to support the ball carrier, then so does every coach, player and official in the game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
FMD in every professional team sport in the world, the buck stops with the coach.

Except our old one apparently.

He got axed for his results. How does the buck not stop with him?

This discussion is about whether our poor form had anything to do with tactics, or more to the point, how likely it is that a bunch of slobs on the Internet knows more about the fundamentals of the game than a 200 game veteran. :lol:

Latest posts