What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh to play 250th game on Monday

The Colonel

Immortal
Didn't realise it was coming up so soon however this Monday will mark 250 games in first grade for Nathan Hindmarsh.

With a couple more seasons under his belt he should be the first Eel to crack 300.

With only Ray Price and Brett Kenny ahead of him this is a HUGE acheivement for a player who has busted his arse for this club.

Be fitting to see both a win and a decent crowd.

Last edited:

wittyz chick

Coach
Unfortunately as much as it is deserved with Monday night and our form and playing out of towners Melbourne we won't get a decent crowd.. I hope we do though

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If the boys can't fire up for Hindy's 250th game they never will. Hindy probably holds the record for most tackles made in first grade.

fish eel

Immortal
hopefully the club promotes the sh*t out of the game on the back of this otherwise we'll get a sub 10K crowd.

How often does a milestone such as this come along?

Given the other 250 gamers are on the FC board - no excuse for not doing something prior to or after the match either

Craig Johnston

First Grade
8366 (1st grade nrl) tackles and counting - the actual figure lol

not sure if it's the most, nominate another name and i'll compare

TheParraboy

Staff member
Im looking forward to our theme song being played at the end of the game, and the boys (led by hindy) doing a lap of honour

Kornstar

Coach
If the boys can't fire up for Hindy's 250th game they never will. Hindy probably holds the record for most tackles made in first grade.

The b*stards couldn't put in for 2005 or when his father passed away last year!

I expect us to get smashed purely because the game is so important to one of our greatest ever players!

eels_fan

First Grade
with school holidays on in nsw the club should absolutely flooding local media with advertising. Free kids ticket with each paying adult? Hindy deserves a big occasion!!!

Gazzamatta

Coach
In 2002 Parramatta named its "Legends Team" which included Dick Thornett and Peter Wynn as their second rowers. Surely on such a memorable occasion as N. Hindmarsh achieving 250 games, thought should be given to adding "Hindy" as first reserve for this team.
Ive been a follower of this club for 45 years and Ive never seen a player give more of himself than Nathan Hindmarsh.
A great player and an even better bloke.

Fan since 1964
Gazzamatta

Kazz

Juniors
well dang it all, and here i was thinking there was just no incentive for turning up next monday on a freezing cold winters night :crazy:

Fee

Juniors
I will be there, would have been even if Hindy wasnt having his 250th. But cant wait for this one , congrats to Hindy, he is a great bloke and a great player!:clap:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
whats the bet only 8-9,000 turn up, i'll try and come down for this one, i finish at 5pm, but might try and sneak out earlier if the coast is clear..

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
In 2002 Parramatta named its "Legends Team" which included Dick Thornett and Peter Wynn as their second rowers. Surely on such a memorable occasion as N. Hindmarsh achieving 250 games, thought should be given to adding "Hindy" as first reserve for this team.
Ive been a follower of this club for 45 years and Ive never seen a player give more of himself than Nathan Hindmarsh.
A great player and an even better bloke.

Fan since 1964
Gazzamatta

My dad is in his mid 60's. He has been watching Parra play since the late 50's and says that Hindmarsh could walk into our 80's team pretty easily. I know that Dick Thornett didnt play in the 80's but surley Hindmarsh would squeeze out either Thornett or Wynn from that team.

Can anyone who remembers Peter Wynn playing, compare him to Hindmarsh?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hindy over Wynn any day

the only player that came close to Hindy's work rate would be Mr Perpetual Motion

Latest posts