What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy and Burts last game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Feel more sorry for Hindy.

f**ken oath.

The guy's about the be retrenched and he's still got mouths to feed and bills to pay. I hope they don't have to scrape by on savings for too long.

Working families like the Hindmarshes do it tough. Does he even have another job lined up yet? Just fortunate we live in a country that has the dole I guess.

There but for the grace of God go I...

Hindy was intereviewed today - he sounded guttered, but gave the typical diplomatic answer as expected.

I had no issue with them changing the game, but they should have made the call long before our second last home game.

I was really looking forward to the final HOME game at Parra. After paying for 12 years of season tickets, it disgusts me I will miss out on seeing Hindy and Burt play one last time at Parra. It annoys me that games are changed to accommodate fans that ONLY turn up on the big occasions.

maybe there was a lot of stuff in motion behind the scenes but it seems to me that when it was only hindy and burt retiring the answer to everything was no,no,no... no we can't move the game, no we can't change the time etc etc etc

but as soon as hornby announced his retirement all those no's became yes's mighty fast didnt they?

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
I was really looking forward to the final HOME game at Parra. After paying for 12 years of season tickets, it disgusts me I will miss out on seeing Hindy and Burt play one last time at Parra. It annoys me that games are changed to accommodate fans that ONLY turn up on the big occasions.

To be fair, I don't think they are really doing it for the fans that ONLY turn up on the big occasions, this is about giving Hindy the send off he deserves in front of as many people as possible!

How flattering to potentially have 50 thousand people say goodbye to you.......much better than f*^king 19,854 or whatever it is!

To be fair, I don't think they are really doing it for the fans that ONLY turn up on the big occasions, this is about giving Hindy the send off he deserves in front of as many people as possible!

How flattering to potentially have 50 thousand people say goodbye to you.......much better than f*^king 19,854 or whatever it is!

if we all turn up it could be 50 thousand eels fans

bartman

Immortal
Actually the stadium capacity has changed since then and sits just below 20,000. Has done for a while due to seating configuration changes. If you had of walked up to the ground to get tickets that night you would have been turned away as many in fact were as it was officially sold out
Ok Big C, I was just going off the official info on the Stadium website, which now that I've checked still claims it is 20,741. Hence why getting tickets in advance is so important and should be encouraged.

Kindly keep your personal insults and poor logic to yourself.
I didn't make any personal insults, unlike your first post in response to the matter...

Crowds 19654, 19654 and 19854 (back in 2010). Therefore capacity = 19654 currently (reduced a further 200 since 2010 due to advertising etc).
Please do some research before insulting people.
Again, my research from the official site above showed a different capacity figure and unless I'm mistaken tickets were still available for sale on the day of these "sellout" games?

I turned up to this years Tigers game and the only seats left for Jumpsuit and I were GA at the southern end. They told me there were about 200 tickets left when I purchased and there were more than that in the queue behind me.
It was a sellout Bart. Like it or not.
Fair enough, and my source was wrong. It's not about whether I like it, the point was originally about how good it is to have a home game sell out in advance - which can then build the culture of the importance of ticketed membership and selling out future games and the sustainable ongoing financial stream that can provide the club.

526288_10151036165261896_836748083_n.jpg

oldmancraigy

Coach
I didn't make any personal insults, unlike your first post in response to the matter...

I fail to see where I insulted you at all?

Why do you constantly bleat on about things you know nothing about?

We've already had a sold out game at Parra stadium this year.
Against the Tigers.
We had one sold out game last season. Against the Tigers.
We had one sold out game the season before. Against the Tigers.

I'll let you continue the story from there.

Pointing out that you bleat on about things you know nothing about is not an insult. It is a statement of fact.

You insulted me by questioning whether I knew what I was talking about. I presented a logical argument, and you were insulting in suggesting it was poor logic. You just had to try and make it personal

Way to play the man and not the argument.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
I got my email from the NRL last night about the ticketing changes. In summary for those not aware:
1) ST's get their normal Homebush HOME game seats;
2) Other tickets replaced by EzyTicket (email only delivery) from today;
3) Full refunds available for those that wish
4) Remainder of seats on sale from noon

Buses from Leagues Club and Baulko (Col Sutton Park).

Seating plan below.

SeatingPlan.jpg

Latest posts