What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Historic Balmain shirt for auction

widnes viking

Juniors
Our UK club Widnes (home club of Andy Currier) has been in severe financial difficulties recently.

We have been donated an original Balmain Tigers shirt. The shirt has been in possession of the ex referee Mick Naughton who refereed tests in the 70s so I suspect it’s from that era and as it’s number 1 may be Gary Jacks.

I would be interested in the year the manufacturer is Westmont and it is unsponsored

macnaz

Staff member
Our UK club Widnes (home club of Andy Currier) has been in severe financial difficulties recently.

We have been donated an original Balmain Tigers shirt. The shirt has been in possession of the ex referee Mick Naughton who refereed tests in the 70s so I suspect it’s from that era and as it’s number 1 may be Gary Jacks.

I would be interested in the year the manufacturer is Westmont and it is unsponsored
See if you can post up a photo. Balmains most prominent fullback in the 70's was the late Alan Mc McMahon . Who was also an Australian test fullback

Tiger Ted

Bench
See if you can post up a photo. Balmains most prominent fullback in the 70's was the late Alan Mc McMahon . Who was also an Australian test fullback
Beach sprint champion & fabulous player who had a great combination with the 5/8 Les Mara.

Tiger Ted

Bench
And would have killed it if they had the 20-40 rule in then.. the guy could kick a ball miles.
I idolised Macca.He had titanium in those thighs.He was a superstar in the Balmain teams of mid 70’s to early 80’s.

macnaz

Staff member
I idolised Macca.He had titanium in those thighs.He was a superstar in the Balmain teams of mid 70’s to early 80’s.
He certainly was one of my heroes, also thought Pringle was champion as well. Loved them all really, altho they didnt achieve an awful lot in that era they always played their best and I cant ever as fan remember going home disappointed with their efforts.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He certainly was one of my heroes, also thought Pringle was champion as well. Loved them all really, altho they didnt achieve an awful lot in that era they always played their best and I cant ever as fan remember going home disappointed with their efforts.
Major highlight & don’t think I was ever as excited as a kid as when the mercurial pom David Topliss in a sublime performance helped us knock manly out of finals in ‘77.