What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

History site links

Anonymous

Juniors
If anyone has any links to sport history websites, please feel free to put them here.

We're most interested in Ruby League but feel free to add anything that you think might be of interest.

terracesider

Juniors
In no particular order:

The Rorke's Drift Test, 1914 An account of the most famous RL test match.

Dead Rugby League Club Society Of interest, but questionable judgements. I thought the Bluebags were still alive or is there no life outside the NRL?

Jim Devereaux A lecture from the University of NSW.

The Vault Results down the years.

Greek RL I found this by accident. Illustrates the spread of RL throughout the world.

France An academic paper on the history of French.

GB Hall of Fame

The RFL's new website which contains a historical section

The rest I have, which is not very much, consists of a few single pages or even paragraphs from clubs' official sites. As far as I can work out, the history of RL is not very well served on the web. However, I hope the above links are useful.

Anonymous

Juniors
terracesider said:
Dead Rugby League Club Society Of interest, but questionable judgements. I thought the Bluebags were still alive or is there no life outside the NRL?

I found that site to be a seriuosly flawed site. They deal with queries by attempting to ridicule the writer. At least that was my experience early last year.
The Bluebags are indeed still alive as are a number of other clubs. I got the impression that TDCS have set up themselves as the only authority and therefore the only ones allowed to have an opinion on this. Hopefully they've become a little more opened minded since last year.

btw, cheers for the links. :)