What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hodge

Stormin Norman

Juniors
1stly i will say that yes i am a victorian but i do rate simon katich and i am not as one eyed as this may seem but do u think brad hodge was a bit stiff not to get a call up.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St Team
Brad Hodge
5 5 2 368 107 122.66 80.87 2 2 2 - VIC
Simon Katich
5 5 1 331 136* 82.75 100.91 2 - 3 - NSW

as i said i'm a katich fan but the figures speak for them self's

RICHO

Juniors
Katich had a good record in the Test Series though.
That counts for a lot in the eyes of the selectors.

Anonymous

Juniors
Plus he has a lot longer left in the game than Hodge. I beleive Austrlai should be looking to will spots with long term options. But don't get me wrong I am a big fan of Hodge.

aqua_duck

Coach
Also look at their career stats.
Must also consider that Katich is a more than useful bowler.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Hodge has slightly better stats but you do have to remember that Katich has a bigger future, and played the Indians very well.

Brad Hodge may well be destined to be the latter day version of Jamie Siddons.
Excellent player who never got their chance in the test side due to a multitude of reasons

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
CouldaBeenAnything said:
Brad Hodge may well be destined to be the latter day version of Jamie Siddons.
Excellent player who never got their chance in the test side due to a multitude of reasons

We all argued why he should and why he didn't. No one said he was not capable.

CBA has summed it up pretty well.

Anonymous

Juniors
Definatly unlucky. Will go done with many names in a generation of unlucky cricketers.

Jamie Cox
Michael Hussey

PARRA_FAN

Coach
every state has had that sort of player.

For Queensland it use to be Love, until he finally got his chance to play test cricket.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
congrats mike hussey on making it into the aus team finally about 3 years later than he should
Brad Hodge another 100 v's sa today it proves the selectors have no idea what there doing

Anonymous

Juniors
Hodge was unlucky, however, unlucky to be born in a time with such prominent batsmen, not unlucky to miss selection. He's a great player, but Katich and Hussey deserve to be ahead of him in line.

ozzie

Bench
Katich has proven he can play he spinners well - He will be one of the first players picked to go to Sri lanka and India...we can then see if it was a flop or a great selection - I will go for the 2nd