What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hodkinson

Turk

Juniors
According to the dailytelegraph Dragons are trying to sign Trent Hodkinson. Yay or nay? Personally i think if they want to go on that path they might aswell stick with Hutchison or Mcrone.

Minh

First Grade
Not a top 5 half but a good solid player that can kick goals so I wouldn't mind, better than Keary.

thestevo888

Juniors
We need an organiser whose first instinct isn't to run (sideways or otherwise) He wouldn't be a star but would certainly give us direction and goalkicking... and would probably come at the right price for the perenial bargain-bin loving mob who run our recruitment.. we have backline players who are or could be stars...maybe someone like him would make them shine.

Coffs dragon

Bench
He's probably top of the reject pile, but comes with great risk carrying long term knee injury. We already have Tin man Lafai on one leg and do we really need to take on somebody elses problem. I would rather the club try to poach one of the Titans young halves away in Taylor or Elgey!!!!

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Hodko's all right, but he's clearly unable to get Newcastle off bottom on his own. Don't forget he's been playing without a recognised 5/8 in support. He's better than McCrone, although I personally don't think there is a huge difference.

j0nesy

Bench
He'd go alright, probably the style of player we need. Not sure he's a long term prospect though. A 'yes' at the right price, but I'd stil rather a young half.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Hodko's all right, but he's clearly unable to get Newcastle off bottom on his own. Don't forget he's been playing without a recognised 5/8 in support. He's better than McCrone, although I personally don't think there is a huge difference.

Hodgkinson played origin last year,McCrone....well he's a reserve grade player at best.

Hodgkinson definitely an upgrade .

BennyV

Referee
Depressing after we've missed out on Cronk, Keary, Coote, Norman that this is what we ended up with.

Buuuuuuut better than McCrone!

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
An ok signing. But gee, how would Bunji be feeling? Miss out on Keary, thinks he is safe, now talk of shark eyes signing. His confidence must be shot.

St Georgio

Juniors
A big fat NO from me, I am happy to keep the so called OT Benji, I rather wait for the next furure AJ or JT.

thebigredv

First Grade
An ok signing. But gee, how would Bunji be feeling? Miss out on Keary, thinks he is safe, now talk of shark eyes signing. His confidence must be shot.

Unfortunately for him he should have taken the earlier offer. He's not worth any more. He won't win us a comp and he barely even plays. Way past his best so I don't know what he is expecting.

I hate watching players use us. No wonder we suck.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Hodgkinson played origin last year,McCrone....well he's a reserve grade player at best.

Hodgkinson definitely an upgrade .
Fair enough. I just don't see Hodkinson offering any flair or adventure in attack. He doesn't light up a backline. He doesn't run much. He doesn't create many opportunities. He kicks well, but predictably. To me he's a solid player rather than a great one, and as such doesn't add much to what we already have.

TheRev

First Grade
Not very exciting but an upgrade on McCrone.. and thew goalkicking would be massive..

Assumably he would be fairly cheap.. though surely we have money to spend somewhere.. with all these cheapies.

Latest posts