What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hohaia may play

I just read in the paper that hohaia may be playing tomoro. He has been training with the worriors all week. He just has to prove that he is mentely tough enuogh.If he does come in it would be a good thing he is more of a play maker then liliwai and this would take some presusre of Jones.
If he doesn't ploay this week he will be playing next week.

ozbash

Referee
yes it's quite on the cards he may play tomorrow, and there may be a positional change to incorporate him. Time will tell..

dazza

Staff member
i put this on another thread, but it`s more appropriate here.

just got this off the sydney morning herald site:

Warriors v Melbourne at Ericsson Stadium, tomorrow 12.05pm

Kiwi international Lance Hohaia will make his first NRL appearance of the year tomorrow, in place of five-eighth Thomas Leuluai, who coach Daniel Anderson has decided to rest. "Lance has trained well this week and deserves his chance," said Anderson, who is yet to decide between Mark Tookey and Iafeta Paleaaesina for a bench spot. Melbourne forward Kirk Reynoldson, who will be making his 50th first-grade appearance at the ground where he debuted, is in line to start in place of suspended prop Alex Chan. Coach Craig Bellamy still hasn't decided between Rodney Howe and Antonio Kaufusi for a spot on the reserve list.

interesting.

cheers dazza

Iafeta

Referee
Beaut. 1 of the 2004 passengers offloaded, the Warriors 767 was getting a little bit overloaded and crowded. Less turbulence this week.

Glad to see they've finally made the right call. Thomas has a future, its just not now. 1-6 or whatever it is, you can't keep going with a failed experiment.

dazza

Staff member
i agree iafeta, thomas has got a future, maybe in the number 7 when the little general decides to call it a day, whenever that may be.

cheers dazza

carlnz

Bench
I cant understand why they say they are resting him? If he is resting why his he playing Bartercard Cup???

I make it no secret I'm a big fan of Thomas and he has done nothing wrong to drop him...but then again maybe having lance on the team might make a difference.....Maybe they should have Thomas on the bench?

AliN

Live Update Team
if only we could read what's going thru the management's heads at times..

Skinner

Coach
I just keep wondering what on earth Marcus Perenara has done wrong.

Out of Thomas, Jerome, Marcus and Lance, Marcus is really head and
shoulders above the rest. His kicking game, his vision and his direction
is a fantastic thing to watch. In a way he actually reminds me of Joey
in that when the players around him and in front of him are perhaps not
going that well, he can still turn on some match winning magic.

I know that he is still very much a rooky at NRL level but for krist sake
start giving him some game time in the big league.

Latu (go you good thing you) is a rooky but just see how he is going.

Cheers
Skinner

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hats off to Daniel Anderson, and hats off to Lance Hohaia. Along with the fact that the forwards turned up to play, he made all the difference today.

Anonymous

Juniors
IMO he was as sh*t as ever. He makes Leuluai look like Wally Lewis. I think Jerry throws a better pass and Iafeta has a better kicking game.

Iafeta

Referee
Thierry, you poor thing. Sky buggered you around? No no no - it seems Sky played today on your television set the Warriors versus Bulldogs game where Leuluai was trumpeted in as king playmaker. We'll have to get a technician around ASAP to sort out your satellite. That'd HAVE to explain how you missed Hohaia's involvement in today's match. Or perhaps you were watching a Crusaders rerun with Andrew Mehrtens at the helm??

Quittesentially, his involvement, Mellars enthusiasm and the forwards improved fitness were the reasons we got the cash this week. Don't you hate it when the TV goes on the blink?

Anonymous

Juniors
Ugh no, Hohaia is arse. Anyone know why he kicks drop punt style and refuses to throw spiral passes? Does he think it's 1980? He has to be the worse playmaking stand-off of all time. He hasn't thrown a good pass in 2 years at the club. He may as well just do a Shaun Berrigan and move to centre.

AliN

Live Update Team
Hohaia will get better with more game time.
To come back after 8 months away from the NRL was superb.
A few ordinary passes and hesitant options will pass.
Great to see him back!!

Latest posts