What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

home/away Jersey

seeing the balmain jersey today brought back good time and i am sure the guys felt it playing in them and i am sure they will do the same for the pies in rd 25

as some people have stated already would it be so bad to play in the balmian jersey at Lechardt the western suburbs jersey at ctwon and seeing we are going to have more games at homebush next year wear the WT jersey there

your thoughts

I am all for it i would love to see it

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
hmmm

i thought that it looked a bit, well, out of place.

Its great to wear once every few years, but not at every home game. Remember that we are the Wests Tigers!

But if they had retro round once every 2 or 3 years i would be all for it!

galea#13

Juniors
stuff the new jerseys we cant relate to them ! the maggies get there jersey at home and tiges get there jersey at home and make a special edition semi finals jersey would it be so bad it was brilliant seeing the jersey i have always cheered for the maggies fans will understand soon!!

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
I'd love it too Balmain and Magpies Jersey as long as we wear it evenly and have a third Wests Tigers one for something like if we made a grand final which would also make that special too. Was awesome to see the Balmain jersey and can't wait for the team to wear the Wests one too.

Gobbso

Juniors
The concept of the Joint-Venture club wearing the Balmain strip at Leichhardt and the Magpie strip at Campbelltown sounds like a brilliant idea. Although it raises questions over more 'division' between the two factions. What do i think? Is'nt there enough division already? :roll: A little more isn't surely gonna hurt :lol: :lol: :lol: I'd love to see it happen! And use the Team of the Century Jersey as our Away strip! 8) How mad would that be? Go the Tigers, Go the Magpies, Go WESTS TIGERS! :clap:

EWS

Juniors
Its good for once a year, but to change our jersey from week to week would be stupid.

I think the last game of the year at each venue should have the old jerseys, but to say that we wear them at every home game is taking it a bit too far.

I thought that initially Gobbso. But to be honest after a minute or two of adjusting, it didn't worry me. It was the same players and the same team after all, just wrapped differently.

But as EWS said, probably once a year each would suffice.

Can't wait for the Cowboys game.

NZtiger

Juniors
It looked nice, and the Balmain/Wests strips should be worn every now and then, find an excuse to have them play in it every year...I do quite like the Wests Tigers strip tho :)

j_tig

Juniors
sorry cant c the idea taking off and dont really want it to. dont get me wrong, i got a huge chill running up my spine when i saw the boys running round in the old strip but i actually like our current jersey! any way, i dont want to c the team run aroundm in 3 different jerseys!

MAFIA

Juniors
I agree j tig, 1 jumper 1 club!!!!, all this about wearing balmain jumpers at leichardt
and the maggies at campbelltown and another jumber for an away game, come on everyone come down from yesterdays win, 1 hate our current jumper im hopeing we change the design next year to the team of the century jumper,now thats a jumper,wear our maggies and balmain jumpers for special occasions only,like yesterday or if the n.r.l adopt a heritage rounds just like the gay f.l

mafia

arw76

Juniors
leave the jersey how it is but use the 7's jersey as our away jersey i reckon, seein as though we kicked ass when we wore it last!!!!!

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
Whats more the issue for everyone here?

1) Wanting to get rid of our current strip
2) Or just really wanting the old jerseys back.

For me its more number 1. I hate our current jersey. For me we must change it and I would be satisfied with our team of the century jersey being our main one for the whole 26 rounds but if that didnt happen I think we should implement the two retro jerseys.

Its not like they are diffrent strips, they are the same strip just with diffrent colours (thats saying it will be the black one with the white 'v" ?"). Id have no problems doing that, just get rid of all the balmain logos off it as that clearly shows too much division. Basically I feel they could wear the Balmain jersey at Leichardt, Wests Magpies one at campbelltown and then rotate which one of the two they wear at away games.

For me you could have those two jerseys swapping around every game and I am sure it wouldnt create division. For people who say remember its a joint venture, well tell me how wearing one sides jersey, then the other sides jersey the next week isnt joint?

IMO it would create to much division if we did it like that A_J

i would rather games at ctown we wear the west jersey and games at lechardt the balmian one and at telstra or any wear else the TOTC one or the current 1

Latest posts