What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Final Advantage

Where would you rather we finish...

• 3rd and play Roosters or Raiders away with a second chance

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • 4th and play Storm in Melbourne with a second chance

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 5th or 6th and have Finals Week 1 at BankWest

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

emjaycee

Coach
Although the odds are that we will finish 5th or 6th, there is a mathematical chance that we could finish as high as 2nd (and conversely as low as 8th).
So how important do you think it is that we play at BankWest in week 1 of the finals?

84 Baby

Referee
Although the odds are that we will finish 5th or 6th, there is a mathematical chance that we could finish as high as 2nd (and conversely as low as 8th).
So how important do you think it is that we play at BankWest in week 1 of the finals?
Or 9th!! FFS

Another result our way head to head against Broncos, Panthers or Sharks guarantees us top 8, but the cool thing is 1 result compared to each of them guarantees us top 6. That is, 1 more win and we get a home final*

*the caveat here is a 3rd/4th finish doesn’t actually guarantee us a BankWest final in week 2 or 3.
But SURELY the NRL wouldn’t force us to play at ANZ

T.S Quint

Coach
A top 4 finish is always better than the alternative. You don’t get a home Final the first week, but you are assured a place in the second week at which you get to play at home anyway.

T.S Quint

Coach
Or 9th!! FFS

Another result our way head to head against Broncos, Panthers or Sharks guarantees us top 8, but the cool thing is 1 result compared to each of them guarantees us top 6. That is, 1 more win and we get a home final*

*the caveat here is a 3rd/4th finish doesn’t actually guarantee us a BankWest final in week 2 or 3.
But SURELY the NRL wouldn’t force us to play at ANZ

I would think not but it may depend on who we play.
Play Souths and we are at ANZ probably.
Play Canberra and probably not.

84 Baby

Referee
A top 4 finish is always better than the alternative. You don’t get a home Final the first week, but you are assured a place in the second week at which you get to play at home anyway.
FFS is no one listening?!?
We’re a Sydney team! We’re forced to play ANZ, SCG or hopefully BankWest for home finals week 2 & 3

84 Baby

Referee
I would think not but it may depend on who we play.
Play Souths and we are at ANZ probably.
Play Canberra and probably not.
Possibly but as I understand it the home team has the choice and NRL has stated BankWest is one of the choices.

But it is the NRL we’re talking about

T.S Quint

Coach
I would like to think that the NRL would want to use their shiny new stadium in the Finals series at some point.

Noise

Coach
If we are playing off for 5th or 6th in the last round I’d want to avoid playing a full strength sharks team in week 1.

Last edited:

Latest posts