What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Finals . . .

Gareth67

First Grade
Have just finish reading an article on the very subject - that being the 2018 final series , in particular just where some of the games shall be played . According to the writer Mr. Bulldog Ritchie of the Daily Telegraph some teams ' home ' final games will be played at Ailianze Stadium . That is their ' home ' game , whether it be Cronulla , Penrith or yes you guess it - our own beloved Dragons . Where is the advantage in that for a team such as St.George Illawarra whom has been leading the competition for almost the entire season ? What fool at rugby league headquarters came up with that ? Please send your comments to the NRL .

image.jpg

hewi

Bench
I entirely understand however it’s a great stadium to watch footie in with a great atmosphere. If u look at the Anzac Day game the Dragons fans travel there, we will get 30,000 plus crowd and 20,000 will be in red and white cheering our mighty team home , bring it on. Did I say , I’m excited.

Gareth67

First Grade
I entirely understand however it’s a great stadium to watch footie in with a great atmosphere. If u look at the Anzac Day game the Dragons fans travel there, we will get 30,000 plus crowd and 20,000 will be in red and white cheering our mighty team home , bring it on. Did I say , I’m excited.

I truly hope so hewi , my main gripe is that the die-hard fans that travel to either Kogarah and WIN , or both for that matter would cheer even louder at their homes grounds . I most sincerely hope that we are not to play either The Rorters or Souths at Allianze as that imo would be bluudy unfair .

dragonssamy61

First Grade
It is a better ground than ANZ.
But kogarah or even wollongong would be better but as I said earlier we are not allowed wich is a pain

Crush

Coach
I truly hope so hewi , my main gripe is that the die-hard fans that travel to either Kogarah and WIN , or both for that matter would cheer even louder at their homes grounds . I most sincerely hope that we are not to play either The Rorters or Souths at Allianze as that imo would be bluudy unfair .
Like playing Roosters twice every second year at Allianz?
Why we have to play our home game (anzac clash) at Allianz is totally unfair. The Anzac game should always be a home game for Roosters but Dragons want the gate fees so they love the bigger grounds for sellout games like Anzac or finals.

Gareth67

First Grade
Its sucks. But it's better to look at it as grand primal prep. No home game for the gf... So every finals game is prep for that

I would have no complaints about that , just as long as ALL semi final games are played there - for each and every top 8 team .

Frank Facer

First Grade
Like playing Roosters twice every second year at Allianz?
Why we have to play our home game (anzac clash) at Allianz is totally unfair. The Anzac game should always be a home game for Roosters but Dragons want the gate fees so they love the bigger grounds for sellout games like Anzac or finals.
I do agree with your post. I will also add that our members get the prime seats at our home Anzac Day game, so the crowd is in our favor, not to mention that we would probably outnumber the Easts supporters all over the rest of the ground whether it is our home game or Easts.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I don't have a problem with us playing our home semi's at the SFS or Homebush, as I grew up with all the semi's being played at the SCG and then the SFS. I think it is more of a semi final atmosphere at the SFS or Homebush, as long as they get over 35 000 fans at Homebush.

Remember Saints playing semis against North Sydney and the Roosters at SFS where the crowd split was 95/5 in our favour.

With our team on a winning run this season our supporters will heavily outnumber the opposing sides supporters.

Look forward to leaving the ground after a semi to the tune of "Oh when the Saints"

Fire up boys you can go all the way !!!

Latest posts