What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home made Muesli

goggles

Juniors
rolled oats, dessicated coconut, dried: paw paw, apricot and mango. mix it up in a bowl and store in a air-tight container, serve with a dollop of yogurt and milk...bloody beautiful!

Cliffhanger

Coach
Too much dairy too. People seem to think they need a lot more dairy than they do, there are other ways to get your calcium and something like 70 per cent of people are lactose intolerant to some degree.

Cliffhanger

Coach
You gotta take into account, we're the only species that drinks milk after infancy, it's not supposed to be part of our diet.

shaggs

Coach
Absolutely cliffy. Cows milk is for baby cows. The only milk you should drink is breast milk as an infant.

I have been drinking almond milk for a few months and no 'real' dairy like yoghurt etc for about 12 months.

Joker's Wild

Coach
f**k that. I love dairy, eat it every day and I have zero I'll effects

You can have your almond, soy or rice imitations

Cliffhanger

Coach
Yes, but this is more due to technology. There are a lot of common chronic illnesses that exist now that didn't then.

There are several sources of non dairy sources of calcium. If you can get all the macro nutrients, vitamins and minerals from a diet without dairy then it's the way to go. The jury is still out on dairy and yet it plays a big role in the diet of a lot of people.

I was always sceptical of paleo, but after trying it and finding my energy was great, my strength kept improving and my body fat was going down rapidly, I have been converted to a believer.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I have no issue with the Paleo diet, I follow it myself but most nutritionists recommend modifying it to include dairy. Technology or not, living longer requires rich sources of calcium to keep the bones healthy and dairy has been proven to be the best for that.

Each to their own

Pete Cash

Post Whore
This is the same diet that says humans can't eat raw snow peas. There is a lot of nonsense in the paelo diet along with some good advice.