What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hong Kong International Day..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Sunday is the big day for the Honkers peeps..

http://www.racenet.com.au/news/95707/Melbourne-Cup-placegetters-suited-in-HK-Vase-draw

Melbourne Cup placegetters suited in HK Vase draw..

Racenet - 5/12/2013

Mount Athos and Red Cadeaux will start from barriers six and 11 respectively for their rematch in Sunday’s Group I Hong Kong Vase (2400m) at Sha Tin.

Red Cadeaux, the winner of the 2012 Hong Kong Vase, and Mount Athos started next to each other in the Melbourne Cup before the pair chased home Fiorente in Australia’s greatest race.

Red Cadeaux finished ahead of Mount Athos in the Melbourne Cup while fellow Hong Kong Vase entry Dandino was fifth at Flemington. Dandino will start the Sha Tin race from barrier five.

Dunaden won both the Melbourne Cup and Hong Kong Vase in 2011. The Mikel Delzangles-trained stayer has drawn barrier 12 for his third consecutive start in the Hong Kong Vase.

Below is the barrier draw for the Hong Kong Vase with the draws for the Hong Kong Sprint and Hong Kong Cup following.

Click this for barriers..

Last edited:

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Our only equine representative for the day drew well, but losing all that weight on the plane won't help it's chances..

Linton draws well for Hong Kong Mile..

Brad Waters - 5/12/2013

Australian galloper Linton has fared well in the barrier draw for Sunday’s Group I Hong Kong Mile (1600m) at Sha Tin.

No Australian-trained horse has won the Hong Kong Mile with Racing To Win the last to attempt to win the event when 13th in 2009.

The John Sadler-trained Linton has drawn barrier three for the 2013 edition of the race. Sportsbet.com.au has posted the Stradbroke Handicap winner as a $21 chance to win the Hong Kong Mile despite having the services of champion Australian jockey Damien Oliver.

French-trained mare Moonlight Cloud is the $2.30 favourite after she drew barrier six for the rich event while the best of the local hopes Gold-Fun has drawn barrier 10. Sportsbet has Gold-Fun as a $6 second favourite.

Last year’s Hong Kong Mile runner-up Glorious Day will start from barrier 13.

Below is the barrier draw for the Hong Kong Mile, which will be shown on both TVN and Sky Racing at 8:50pm (eastern daylight saving time) on Sunday.

Click this for barriers..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
http://www.racenet.com.au/news/95701/Former-Aussie-horses-in-seven-Hong-Kong-races-on-Sunday

Former Aussie horses in seven Hong Kong races on Sunday..

Clinton Payne - 5/12/2013

Horses formerly trained in Australia will take part in seven of the 10 races programmed for Sunday’s Hong Kong International raceday at Sha Tin.

Smart Australian stakes performers Excitable Boy, Masquerader, Psychologist, Nobby Snip, Crystal Web and Kabayan are all engaged in races.

Below is the list of horses that formerly raced in Australia that are engaged on Sunday.

Click this for list of horses..

WaznTheGreat

Referee
These races are ridiculously hard,id like too see old mate Cirrus Des Aigles win the Hong Kong Cup,Old mate beat So You Think in the Champion Stakes

Flapper

First Grade
My dad's over there in a box the lucky bastard, backing up from Happy Valley on Wednesday, also in a goddamn f**king box.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
My dad's over there in a box the lucky bastard, backing up from Happy Valley on Wednesday, also in a goddamn f**king box.

f**k i'm jealous of your old man..:D

Bit of bad news for hiney..

http://www.racenet.com.au/news/95780/Dandino-out-of-Hong-Kong-Vase

Dandino out of Hong Kong Vase..

Darryl Sherer - 8/12/2013

Injury has forced Dandino and Galileo Rock out of Sunday's Group I Hong Kong Vase (2400m) at Sha Tin.

The Marco Botti-trained Dandino has sustained a soft-tissue injury to his off foreleg while David Wachman's Galileo Rock is suffering with a similar issue in his near foreleg.

The Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock-owned Dandino ran on well to finish second to Fawkner in the Group I Caulfield Cup before running fifth to Fiorente in the Group I Melbourne Cup at his last start.

Melbourne Cup-winning jockey Damien Oliver ventured to Hong Kong to ride Dandino and linton, who contests the Hong Kong Mile.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Zac Purton is in ridiculous form..

That was his 2nd winner in the first 4 races..

I've been on 2 of them..:cool:

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I have been waiting for Royal Haunt to make his Honkers debut,his new name there is Mirage,he won 3 from 3 in Melbourne and looked a decent horse

Mirage won his Honkers debut today and payed $6.30 on our tote,spewing i missed it,didn't even realise he was racing today until i was looking through the results and noticed he won.

Replay is here(click multi angle race replay)http://racing.hkjc.com/racing/Info/meeting/Results/english/Local/,he was all over the shop in the straight,was his first time that way of going,showed heart to fight on.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Lankan Rupee would have his measure IMO, haven't seen a turn of foot like his since the great mare, he does it on the pace as well.

Lankan Rupee has improved out of sight since they gelded him,interesting to see him against Zoustar next time out in Sydney

Latest posts