What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooker rotation - is Morris really the answer?

Alan Shore

First Grade
Something that has bugged me lately is that when things go bad, Morris seems to be one of the key culprits - cheap penalties against both the Dragqueens and Drugcastle, and last night when we were on their line, he gave us the inspiring plays of a) attempting to barge over himself, and b) going for the Douglas barge-over - both plays that resulted in turnovers of position.

Would we be better playing De Gois for 80 minutes next year, or will Morris be better if he is less fatigued? But last night without Gallen I thought Morris would take more of a leadership role.

redback

Bench
Alan, I don't think Morris or Smith stood up lat night in the absence of Gal. In saying that though Morris has been going well of late. I would think that Degois will be our starting 9 next season and Morris will have to fight for a spot with Robson.

DJShaksta

First Grade
How can u blame Morris for Douggie dropping the ball?
That particular play has netted us results this year.

Tucky

Juniors
Morris has been poor in the last two matches, but prior to that he was going great and should have been playing the full 80.

Degois was one of Drugcastle's best last night and I think he would be our first choice hooker for next year with Morris being used as a utility player of the bench.

spider

Coach
Morris is the perfect bench player provided the starting hooker is of quality

Can inject fresh into the game - limited time so knows he has to perform when on

He also serves ais the perfect utility - where as flannagan isn't, and has most scratching their head as to why he is constantly selected - he offers nothing to the team in that bench role

Frenzy.

Immortal
He's overworked in defence. 41 tackles 2 weeks in a row. Blunts his attack and makes him tired which can lead to a silly or 2.

In short, he is the answer for now because there is no one better.

Alan Shore

First Grade
He's overworked in defence. 41 tackles 2 weeks in a row. Blunts his attack and makes him tired which can lead to a silly or 2.

In short, he is the answer for now because there is no one better.

Fair point Frenzy. Would we be better off putting Flanagan on at the 30 min mark to give Morris a rest?

Degois will get the gig next year. Surely. Morris will hit the bench and cover 3-7 and 13 in case of injuries. Else he would likely come on at Flannos clearly preferred 60 minute mark. Just my opinion.

newman

First Grade
Fatigue or not, his ruck penalties (hand on the ball) are inexcusable.

Ive got the shits. That game on Saturday was our Grand Final. Terrible effort for such an important one. No wonder people get the impression the players dont care.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Fatigue or not, his ruck penalties (hand on the ball) are inexcusable.

Ive got the shits. That game on Saturday was our Grand Final. Terrible effort for such an important one. No wonder people get the impression the players dont care.

Are they being prepared correctly? It seems sometimes they come out jumping out of their skins, then , suddenly, they look flat as a kimmorley special.

I have my doubts.

Tucky

Juniors
A few weeks back Morris was setting the world on fire and should have been playing the full 80. 3 weeks on and it's all down hill, some of his dummy half stuff last night was hopeless.

M2D2

Bench
Because he cant play the 80 as hes overworked because of all the defence he has to do. And Flano is hopeless and Aiton is injured.
Unless we give one of the under 20 hookers some game time, were f**ked for choice.

I can assure you that for the basic fee $50k and a job we could have had Kayne Lawnton from Tweed Seagulls. This is fact - was present today when a mate spoke to him. His manager was waiting on a return call from us which never eventuated. Titans got him very cheap. Pharkin waste.

Last edited:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
We have a local junior in Snelson who is a "latu" type player and we haven't signed him for next year.

Stupid club

Stupid recruiting

Stupid coach

The thing is Snoop, Kayne can cover a few positions - BTR has seen him and will agree with me. But I agree with the stupid comment.