What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hopoate gone for 6...now who?

Yeah given the fit options available I think it will come down to Ayshford, J Morris & Champion.

Morris probably has the edge given he plays left centre.

Idris is no chance imo.

However, I'm sure Sticky will be putting another emergency call or 2 to Lyon & Cooper (if fit) though.

Our outside back stocks can't be that bad that it comes down to Champion or Ayshford.

The Gambler

Juniors
If Ayshford continues his impressive form he would have to be in with a great chance.

Other than that, I would say Josh Morris is favourite for the spot.

Johns Magic

Referee
I like Ayshford, but his impressive form has spanned all of two weeks.

Another couple of similar matches and his name may be seriously considered.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Look Beau did a great job, Soward only made 3 tackles. Not having a go, it is testament to how well and how quick Beau was defending. QLD failed here. Pearce, Locky and JT all made over 20 tackles.

So no to the move to centre.

Parraren

Bench
Scott & Creagh also in some doubt...

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/dragons-lose-scott-creagh-to-injury-20110616-1g55c.html

St George Illawarra are counting the cost of State of Origin II with the Dragons to be without starting backrowers Ben Creagh and Beau Scott for Friday night's NRL clash with Brisbane due to injury.

Creagh and Scott failed to join their teammates as they boarded a plane for the trip north on Thursday, with Creagh suffering an ankle injury and Scott medial ligament damage and a perforated eardrum in NSW's series-levelling win at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday night.

The pair are expected to be out for 2-3 weeks, which leaves them in some doubt for the Origin finale on July 6.

There was no indication who would come into the Dragons side for the pair, though the most likely moves would see Adam Cuthbertson and hooker Nathan Fien elevated to the run-on side, with Dean Young moving from dummy half to join Cuthbertson and Matt Prior in the backrow.

Winger Brett Morris, who has missed the last two games due to a hamstring injury, also failed to prove his fitness with his place to be taken by Ratu Peni Tagive.

The remainder of the Dragons' Origin contingent are expected to take on the Broncos, who are set to be without goalkicking lock Corey Parker after he picked up a groin injury while playing for Queensland.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I am a Tigers fan and Ayshford shouldn't be mentioned as an Origin player at all.

He's had two great games in the last couple of weeks, but the last time he came up against Hodges it was an absolute bloodbath.

Good player who will improve but not for Origin IMO.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
One thing is for sure...If Luke Lewis is asked to play Centre he will not let anyone down.

Doga

Juniors
I am liking the Luke Lewis idea.

This would also make way for TLL or Tolman (or both if Merrin is given a rest for the last game)

Latest posts