What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hopoate. worst fullback in the game?

Noise

Coach
These days the fullback needs to be a central part of a team's attack. Lets look at Hoppa:

5 games, 400min of football:

1 try
1 line break (which came from the try)
0 try assists
0 line break assists
6 errors

He is great from dummy half which is important for a winger or centre. This is where he makes a lot of his metres. How long are we going to have to watch Hoppa produce SFA from the back?

hindy111

Post Whore
Who do you want or do we keep Hoppa there longer-Needs its own thread.

For me we have weaken our centre spot and fullback.So now weaker in two areas rather than just one " fullback "

At worse by moving Hoppa too fullback he makes us stronger in one area.

I know what Robo can do in attack at fullback. And its his natural spot.So really we are playing him out of position along with Hoppa.Swap then and everyone is back into there normal positions. Except Falou on the wing.

1Robo
2Falou
3Taka- Morgan till fit
4Hoppa
5Semi-Faraimo till fit

Avenger

Immortal
He really isn't going as bad as some on here think he is....

Are you serious ? He was woeful today. From above that shit stadium you could see just how out of position he was in defence and how slow he is at getting to the ball. I cannot cop him at fullback and am adamant that his days there are numbered.

Someone

Bench
He really isn't going as bad as some on here think he is....

if this was NSW cup maybe, but this is the big league.

if you were to rate all the clubs fullbacks 1 to 16, where do you think hopoate would finish?

yet last year playing centres made the NSW origin side.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I also don't think he is going as bad as some think. I agree in our attacking structure he is struggling a bit but purely as a fullback ( defence at the back, bring ball back , helping the forwards out etc) he is going pretty good. He made 270 metres today and is 2nd for most metres among fullbacks. Yeah he drop two kicks, this week and last week but apart from that has been pretty safe under the bombs.

Other contenders such as Quinlan/Robinson may offer slightly more in attack but wouldnt be anywhere near as safe as Hoppa or make the metres he does ( they are both small)

While most on here are down on Hoppa due to his attack (and yes it can inprove) but really overall the Eels attack has been pretty good, before this week we had one of best point scored records. Obviously if our attack was terible there would be a decent arguement to replace Hoppa with a better attacking option.

Overall I don't think there is a better option at the club but would be looking at other potentially options for next year

Last edited:

Joely01

Bench
I also don't think he is going as bad as some think. I agree in our attacking structure he is struggling a bit but purely as a fullback ( defence at the back, bring ball back , helping the forwards out etc) he is going pretty good. He made 270 metres today and is 2nd for most metres among fullbacks. Yeah he drop two kicks, this week and last week but apart from that has been pretty safe under the bombs.

Other contenders such as Quinlan/Robinson may offer slightly more in attack but wouldnt be anywhere near as safe as Hoppa or make the metres he does ( they are both small)

While most on here are down on Hoppa due to his attack (and yes it can inprove) but really overall the Eels attack has been pretty good, before this week we had one of best point scored records. Obviously if our attack was terible there would be a decent arguement to replace Hoppa with a better attacking option.

Overall I don't think there is a better option at the club but would be looking at other potentially options for next year

Agreed with this.

On todays performance, how others on here can blame Hoppa?
I would blame the halves today, they both didn't seem like they wanted to get out of bed this morning.
Hoppa was huge for us with his runs today.

Noise

Coach
No one here has blamed hoppa for the loss. quote us if you think otherwise. This thread is pointing out that Hoppa may be the worst fullback in the comp, particularly in attack. Please put forward a fullback who has played every game that is inferior....

Latest posts