What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houston Hornets update?

YellowJacket

Juniors
First of all greetings to you all. I've joined because I want to be around more people of Rugby League. I've learned a lot so far by just reading articles though I haven't posted. Anyways, the closest team to me in the USARL is the Houston Hornets. I wanted to play for them considering I lived in the suburbs of Houston and I wanted to play as I already play Australian Rules Football and Rugby Union as a winger. Plus, they are a USARL developmental team which helps because I've read bad things about the AMNRL on this forum. Anyways, let me cut to the chase. Does anybody know what's going on with them? I've talked to the coach like twice and he even invited me to some kind of event but he doesn't answer his phone and he hasn't replied to my e-mail messages. I'm not trying to discredit him or put him through the mud but I'm sure some USARL officials or people who are in the thick of it and know people could inform me on what's going on.

Thanks for your time,
Roderick

Last edited:
not really sure. Last year there was a bunch of West Coast development teams announced (Seattle Force, Los Angeles Raiders, Dallas Dragons, Houston Hornets, Utah Avalanche, Denver Wolverines, Orange County Outlaws) so far we haven't really heard anything. Utah was supposed to play Sacramento- that didn't happen, LA had tryouts planned- that didn't happen they also mentioned RL teams in Las Vegas, Portland and San Francisco- 12 months down the track and nothing. Maybe these teams plan to play in the USARL 9s next year? still looks likely they won't be playing in any sort of competition in 2012.

deluded pom?

Coach
First up Roderick, welcome to the forum. Secondly the vast majority of posters on here are mainly Australian and New Zealanders with a few Brits and a few Americans for good measure. Most on here won't have a clue about development teams in the USA so won't be able to help you. However there are a couple of people who post on here that are actively involved in the USARL i.e. SpinnerHowland and Choo Choo (Danny Hanson) . They may be able to help you. Failing that you could try and e mail Peter Illfield (USARL Chairman) and ask him what the score is with the Houston team and tell him about the lack of response you're experiencing. Good luck with this and I hope you stick with RL and ultimately get the chance to play the game and get to appreciate like we do.

YellowJacket

Juniors
I would PM Choo Choo and SpinnerHowland but because my post count is below 20. The site won't let me. I guess I better start posting around then.

billy2

Juniors
Plus, they are a USARL developmental team which helps because I've read bad things about the AMNRL on this forum.
You should take all the criticism of the AMNRL on here with a massive grain of salt.
They are not the evil empire out to destroy civilisation as we know it as many here would have you believe.
Both organisations are doing a fantastic job at spreading the game in the US.
The argument between them is over the management style different people feel is the best way to move the game forward, and they will eventually come to some compromise. All these people are doing what they feel is best for the game.

Latest posts