What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
So with the wooden spoon now all but confirmed to be headed to God's Country this season, we can now only look towards the future and what few positives have come out of this shocking year we have endured. Not forgetting we still have two games left to play.

Lets start with the negatives and get them out of the way:
-Wooden spoon, shit way to finish a week that gave us so much motivation to win.
-ASADA investigation was quiet for most of the year until the last few weeks, and came to a decision. It's gone on for way to f**king long and hopefully is over.
-Injuries absolutely decimated us right from the beginning of the season, we never really stood a chance this season. Did we ever field a full strength, fully fit seventeen all year?
-We have lost one of our most promising young stars, Lichaa, to the Dogs for next season and beyond. He may not have lived up to all the hype but he has certainly been decent.
-We have also lost one of the most marketable players the clubs ever had, Beau Ryan, to a premature retirement. Hopefully he gets a job of some sort with the club, maybe in marketing?
-Lewis didn't have his heart in it, he played what, maybe 4 or 5 games for us? As usual him and his partner in crime Gallen were fully focused on State of f**king Origin once again.
-Fifita did not spark at all this season, maybe a side affect of the contract drama at the start of the season.
-Throwing poor old Peter Sharp into the deep end, having him eventually quit.
-Dud recruits such as Prior, Ayshford, Holdsworth and Eric Grothe Jr. did f**k all, another masterstroke from Flanagan.
-Using an astonishing 35 players across thus far after 24 rounds.
-We re-signed Flanagan for another three God damn years.
-Carney pisses his career up a wall...
-More board bullshit

And finally
-Messiah is still here.

Positives

-Massive come back wins against the Roosters, Brisbane, as well as beating Penrith twice and the Warriors at home.
-Promising youngsters such as Lichaa, Politoni, Brown and Sopoaga all getting a decent run in first grade and towards the back end of the year we finally saw the debut of Val Holmes who we have seen can be a fine player with a couple years experience in the top grade.
-We managed to pick a few good sponsors, we ended up having a jersey full of them which is always a positive.
-Michael Gordon having an absolutely outstanding season in a struggling team, anyone who thinks he is crap needs to give themselves an uppercut.

As the saying goes, its always darkest just before the dawn. 2015 can be the beginning of the Sharks comeback but from this ASADA shit it might take a number of years to rebuild. I can't wait for this horror season to end. We got to stick by our boys, its been a hard season for them as well as us as supporters.

Weaponhead

Coach
I reckon the scars will take awhile to heal and we will struggle next season before a massive clean out in 2016.

Until the team can score points we are going nowhere. Grinding, one out shit won't get it done. Recruitment is massive right now and Flanno just has to be punted.

Craigshark

First Grade
With Robson at halfback next season, we won't go anywhere.

They said at the ground Labour Health has signed on as back of jersey sponsor for next year.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I don't know that there are any positives. I'll always support these speds but f**k it's getting hard. We need to cut a number of players and we need someone to oversee our coach because he's a tard.

Quigs

Immortal
Following the Sharks is like being in an abusive relationship.

Shut up you idiot and git back in the Grandstand where you belong.

You are nothing but a whinging ingrate.

And git me eeggzzzz

Frailty

First Grade
No upside for next year...

- Recruitment is Mitch Brown and Ennis (who will just be here for the retirement cheque).
- We again have no major sponsor for next season, and I doubt we will attract anyone
- I guarantee the club will increase membership prices for next season, because why not?
- We have Flanagan back, signed for three years.....
- We can't score points, and our defence is shithouse.

Weaponhead

Coach

- Recruitment is Mitch Brown and Ennis (who will just be here for the retirement cheque).
- We again have no major sponsor for next season, and I doubt we will attract anyone
- I guarantee the club will increase membership prices for next season, because why not?

Well when you put it that way, sux to be us.

Quigs

Immortal
Arhhhhhhhh .......................Arrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Arrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhferkit.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
For 2015, I'd be giving the axe to
Wright
Prior
Gibbs
Gardner
Heighington
Ayshford
Robson
Tupou

Move Gallen to Prop, Gordon to Wing, Holmes to Fullback and Feki to centre

Buy Jack Littlejohn from Manly as halfback, or Ben Hunt from Brisbane

Buy 1 depth back rower and 2 depth props to replace departing players.

1 - Holmes
2 - Gordon
3 - Leutele
4 - Feki
5 - Gagan
6 - N.Brown
7 -
8 - Gallen
9 - Ennis
10 - A.Fifita
11 - Lewis
12 - Graham
13 - Arona

Mitch Brown can cover anything 1 to 5
Politoni can cover 6, 7 and 9
Get some depth in the forwards, of a decent quality. Keep Gallen's playing time to no more than 60 mins and Fifita's & Lewis' to 50 mins

Feej

First Grade
For 2015, I'd be giving the axe to
Wright
Prior
Gibbs
Gardner
Heighington
Ayshford
Robson
Tupou

Move Gallen to Prop, Gordon to Wing, Holmes to Fullback and Feki to centre

Buy Jack Littlejohn from Manly as halfback, or Ben Hunt from Brisbane

Buy 1 depth back rower and 2 depth props to replace departing players.

1 - Holmes
2 - Gordon
3 - Leutele
4 - Feki
5 - Gagan
6 - N.Brown
7 -
8 - Gallen
9 - Ennis
10 - A.Fifita
11 - Lewis
12 - Graham
13 - Arona

Mitch Brown can cover anything 1 to 5
Politoni can cover 6, 7 and 9
Get some depth in the forwards, of a decent quality. Keep Gallen's playing time to no more than 60 mins and Fifita's & Lewis' to 50 mins

The opposite to all of this is how Phlemmo operates, and unfortunately that's what we'll get.

Nice summary though. :)

Surely

Post Whore
Positives

Flano back to steer the ship
Ennis
Time for players to get over injuries

Craigshark

First Grade

So true about the membership prices. They really can't though can they? We won what, 2 games at home this year? And had to sit through some of the most awful, boring and amateur football. It's hardly entertainment.

Since 73

First Grade
If Foolanno turns up in November for pre-season we might as well sit next year out.

Seriously.

We need to make a fresh start and look to the future by finally putting 2011/ASADA behind us.,

if that moron is part of anything to do with our football club we are just turning back to our vomit.

And deserve everything we get.

We need a fresh halfback. A real halfback. An unjaded halfback.

We need a fresh coach. A real coach.
A coach who doesn't feel he needs 'Additives' for us to compete but rather can devise attacking plays.

webShark

The price rise is inevitable. Trouble is so are your other points.

Another thread mentions our team for next year. Lewis and Arona. That won't happen. Lewis is the new Gall. Only up for Origin. Foe mine, Arona is not a first grader. Prefer Sopoanga.

Congrats to Sione Massima and Scott Sorensen. Far from the worst on a day to forget.

Latest posts