What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are they travelling?

Long time on see.

Haven't been able to keep up with the games since moving to the UK. I have seen the results but they don't always tell the whole story.

Just wanted to know from my learned fellow LU posters how are the Knights really travelling?

roopy

Referee
Long time on see.

Haven't been able to keep up with the games since moving to the UK. I have seen the results but they don't always tell the whole story.

Just wanted to know from my learned fellow LU posters how are the Knights really travelling?
The team just isn't clicking.
Individual players are improving and the quality of the squad seems very good, but they just can't hit their straps on the field.
I think we are the 'sleepers' of the NRL. God help the other sides if it all comes together.

shane1970

Juniors
We are going very solidly without the polish required to shine. Not many players haven't given their all this season.
That's the sad thing - Players have given mostly there all and we still seem to find a way to lose. What's gonna change I ask myself - for the next couple of years. To be honest we are still a LONG way off the likes of the Storm, Roosters and Beagles and it ain't gonna change given the current roster.

perverse

Referee
That's the sad thing - Players have given mostly there all and we still seem to find a way to lose. What's gonna change I ask myself - for the next couple of years. To be honest we are still a LONG way off the likes of the Storm, Roosters and Beagles and it ain't gonna change given the current roster.
i'm of the belief that we're 1... maybe 2 outside backs short of having a top quality side... but they're not there yet. they need more time to mature and gel, both as a team and as individuals.

shane1970

Juniors
i'm of the belief that we're 1... maybe 2 outside backs short of having a top quality side... but they're not there yet. they need more time to mature and gel, both as a team and as individuals.
Totally agree with you there but I pose this question - Ho much further will we be off the pace next year when we lose our hooker ????

Frederick

Staff member
So you rate De Gois up there with Bedsy, well nearly when you say what you say ???? De Gois is going good but really Danny wouldn't wipe his ass with him!!!!!!!!
No doubt there's still a fair bit between them. Then again, De Gois is just at the start of his career.

Allow me to re-phrase with a bit of perspective...I feel we won't notice as much of a hangover from Bedsy retiring as we did with Joey. When Joey retired, we couldn't exactly settle on our halves (and in reality, still can't). When Bedsy leaves, I believe we're well placed for the next stage with De Gois and Hilder.

shane1970

Juniors
True but I still believe we will go further from the pace than we currently are - UNLESS we can snare a good one or two outside back signings as you said previously I think

MSKnight

Juniors
Watch Highlights on Youtube and you can see for yourself :p

We are going ok, not last... yet.

BG

Juniors
True but I still believe we will go further from the pace than we currently are - UNLESS we can snare a good one or two outside back signings as you said previously I think

You're ignoring the youth and inexperience in the squad. As far as outside backs go, you don't know yet know how good Sau or Uate might turn out to be. Lulia has been disappointing in his last couple of outings but still has potential. And looking at the squad as a whole, players who have done well to varying degrees in firsts, but who have shown the inconsistency symptomatic of inexperience and still have plenty of upside to their game include Dureau, Vuna, Paterson, Houston. Maybe even Wicks :crazy:.

If at least couple of these guys really kick on, we'll be right up there.

Big Tim

First Grade
So you rate De Gois up there with Bedsy, well nearly when you say what you say ???? De Gois is going good but really Danny wouldn't wipe his ass with him!!!!!!!!

De Gois can carry the burden in attack, and Hilder has shown that he is well up to the task in defence..... I dont see one man replacing Danny at this stage, but we definately have 2 who are more than capable combined.

shane1970

Juniors
You're ignoring the youth and inexperience in the squad. As far as outside backs go, you don't know yet know how good Sau or Uate might turn out to be. Lulia has been disappointing in his last couple of outings but still has potential. And looking at the squad as a whole, players who have done well to varying degrees in firsts, but who have shown the inconsistency symptomatic of inexperience and still have plenty of upside to their game include Dureau, Vuna, Paterson, Houston. Maybe even Wicks :crazy:.

If at least couple of these guys really kick on, we'll be right up there.
I like your optimism BG but sorry I can't share it at this stage.