What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bad was the pom!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Im not sure if it has been brought up yet, but seriously Russell Smith's display yesterday would of been the worst ive EVER seen from a first grade standard! That should warrant automatic sacking and i dont even think he should be allowed to ref Jim Beam games!

The bloke almost gave Manly 2 competition points! It was a great effort by the Tiges who should of got up by a lot more if it wasn't for Smith in the middle. I dont know why Hasler is whinging! They got the better end of the stick by a country mile!

Its time to go home Mr Smith!

lockyno1

Post Whore
He was equally as bad both ways really. He is useless but Robinson isn't better. In fact aparat from Hampstead, there are no good refs really.

smeghead

Bench
Fuming over some of his "decisions" but on second viewing of a replay it is clear that he was just shocking on both sides of the equation

Worst ref in the NRL bar none. Agreed his bad decisions went both ways, it seemed as thought he knew he'd made some bad calls and was trying to even it up with bad calls the other way. Get rid of him.

STEVE R

Juniors
They should swap Smith for the bloke that had the Test Match last Friday. He seemed to be the goods.

Striker

Juniors
Tony Archer is equal to him, Archer makes a good attempt to ruin every game he is involved in.

Parra Guru

Coach
Smith was the worst ref of the round, and that's saying something after Robinson's efforts on Saturday.

Smith is constantly bad and very whistle happy, ruining the spirit of the game - he shouldn't be in first grade!

Inferno

Coach
A lot of the refs had sh*t rounds to be honest.

Clark made a lot of basic errors in the Sharks V Dragons game including one which lead the first Dragons try.

Cletus

First Grade
I think you're kidding yourself if you think Manly got the better calls. There was a try awarded to Manly that looked very iffy, but he made so many bad calls either side could have won. I'm not saying Tigers won because of the ref, but it's very frustrating for Manly supporters because you just never know.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
C'mon, there were bad calls both ways but Manly got the majority their way, at least the crucial ones. The knock-on-offside try, and when he blew the whistle when Collis had an open run to the try line were shockers. I can only really think of a very bad call that went against Manly was the penalty for incorrect play the ball.

Now I know why I see so many posts bagging Smith out here, as the Tigers thankfully haven't had many games with him, but god he was terrible yesterday.

EDIT - that's to the guy the post above the previous post.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Smith does seem to be getting worse the longer he spends in the NRL! He was a pretty good ref (prob 2nd best) during his SL days.

Makes me laugh the way everyone has a pop at the refs. They probably make 7-8 mistakes in a game, teams make 50-60! (missed tackles, dropped balls, poor kicks, giving away penalties etc etc). If players were judged by the same standards as refs are expected to reach every NRL player would be in reserve grade!

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Clarke infuriates me more than any other ref, He blows that many penalties for tiny infractions. I dont think a game gets past the 2 min mark before he awards a penalty.

aids

Bench
over the weekend did any other game rack up more than 18 penalties in total?

Inferno

Coach
nope, most games averaged 10 or so.

Last round though

Mr Bean blew 5
Hayne blew 13
Archer blew 17
Smith blew 11
Badger blew 21
Robinson blew 14
clark blew 13

The most penalised match this year was the Warriors V Manly in round 5 which saw Smith award 26 penalties total for the match. Least amount this year was the Panthers V Sharks round 8 which saw Mr Bean only award 5 penalties for the match.

Frailty

First Grade
Our referees ranks should be as so:

Klein (Aussie refereeing in England and did the test on friday)
Cummins
Hampstead
Maxwell
Shortall
Simpkins
Archer
Badger

Latest posts