What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did the reggies go?

Not living in canberra and resorting to watching fox sports with smith and daley commentating (daley must read these forums, he was unbelieveably biased towards us tonight).

Point being, how did the reggies go, how did nagas and graham go?

greeneyed

First Grade
See my other post. CARNEY, CARNEY, CARNEY is the answer.

The team carved up Cronulla winning 56-8 from memory.

Nagas did some good things. Weyman excellent comeback.

woodgers

Bench
Carney went very well. I mentioned to Jed & #1 a few times the way he runs to the line and plays ballrunners in around him, we were impressed. He is a genuine half no doubt about it. Handy goalkicker too.

2 decents fights to add to the show. Who was in the #6 for us, he threw a few.

Guys, how good was the last try where the ball was going out and was flicked back in past 2 Sharks defenders to score.

Poida_Raider

Bench
quinny would be proud.

but seriously, its good to hear the reggies going well. they seem to be a bit up and down this season. i'm sure they can be there abouts again this season.

azza

Juniors
How would people compare Carney to our previous halfbacks when they were playing in premier league? Finch (shudder), Michael Monaghan and Andrew McFadden all killed it in premier league and yet Finch (contrary to Gouldie's opinion) isn't quite the same in firsts, Monaghan is still establishing himself and McFadden has disappeared off the face of the earth. I hope Carney goes the right path.

PS How bad do we look, Tigers without 3 of their best thrashing the Warriors by 40 and we couldn't beat them.

brenno

Juniors
carney is the best half prospect the raiders have had since a young bloke from junee called daley. He's destined for big things, lets hope he stays here and doesn't go to the rorters in the future. From what i heard the roosters went for carney last year but the raiders hung onto him. The roosters got another good young player from our sg ball winning team instead, Jamie soward who is now the captain of the roosters undefeated jersey flegg team.

greeneyed

First Grade
Carney is the best player prospect I can remember in ANY position since Daley. I remember seeing Daley coming through in the lower grades and you could see he would play for Australia. I don't want to put too much pressure on the kid but he is an absolute gun.

azza

Juniors
If that is the case greeneyed (and you don't seem to exaggerate from my observation) then I hope he is one of those players who WANTS to wear the lime green (unlike Finch, what a joke his selection for origin is by the way). If so, we should do EVERYTHING to keep him, we need to hold onto our juniors, I don't think I would be wrong in saying 85-90% of our problems are solved by getting a decent halfback, would I? God watch out the Roosters will try to poach him.

Anonymous

Juniors
He's from Golburn so hopefully he grew up going for us......

The kids an absolute demon and the sooner we get him in there the better.

greeneyed

First Grade
azza said:
If that is the case greeneyed (and you don't seem to exaggerate from my observation) then I hope he is one of those players who WANTS to wear the lime green (unlike Finch, what a joke his selection for origin is by the way). If so, we should do EVERYTHING to keep him, we need to hold onto our juniors, I don't think I would be wrong in saying 85-90% of our problems are solved by getting a decent halfback, would I? God watch out the Roosters will try to poach him.

No ... most people accuse me of being OVERLY NEGATIVE..... :lol: :lol:

jed

First Grade
thickos said:
I also here Phil carved it. :D

thickos, go sit in the corner - surely you mean I also hear Phil carved it. :D Honestly, I'd expect better from a geek. :lol:

Edwahu

Bench
The best part of watching Carney last night was seeing how much he was talking off the ball and organising the side.

Agree he is the most complete junior we have had come through since Lozza.

azza

Juniors
2004 chill out a little... you seem on edge ;)

I think you are taking everyone here too seriously re bringing Carney into firsts - yes we are desparate to see him there but we also know he will get in eventually and we can't expect him to set the world on fire straight away. Elliot will bring him in when he is ready for a taste and until then we will (unfortunately) have to watch the team run around like a headless chook.

I guess what you have to understand is that with the disappointment of this season so far people are just excited that there might be a light at the end of the tunnel with Carney. I certainly hope so, but it might take some time yet before we find out.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I'm just tired from all the driving back up to Sydney today. NEVER drive, after a hangover! #-o Sorry if I sound like on edge.
Carney will be around soon. Probably when his old enough to have a beer legally. :lol:

raider_at_heart

Juniors
Timbo said:
He's from Golburn so hopefully he grew up going for us......

The kids an absolute demon and the sooner we get him in there the better.

Well i went to school with his cousin and she is a keen raiders fan because of him and he has been playing for the raiders for a few years so i imagine he grew up going for the raiders if his cousin did.

its funny because she used to boast that her cousin plays for the raiders, imagine whats she's going to be like when he is going to be a superstar.

Latest posts