1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

How did we let this happen?

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by I'm Hornby, Sep 20, 2020.

1. I'm Hornby

I'm Hornby Juniors

Alright guys, I know this isn't what we want to read, but watching the Sharks play last night (and throughout the year) has got me wondering how we let this happen?

Since the JV to 2011, we were firmly the more dominant and competitive club and were the big brother.

In that time we had the juniors, we attracted better players and we got better on field results.

Since 2012, oh how this has changed which makes me realise how far we've fallen. The Sharks have had better on field success (a premiership and more finals appearances), the Sharks have had more than their fair share of the local juniors and they've even recruited much better than we have, how the hell did we chase Norman and left Johnson to go to them?

I'm sure there is an alternate universe somewhere where we got Johnson and they got Norman and we're better placed for it, but unfortunately we're all witnessing this harsh reality.

It is clear that complacency from the board down has put us in this position and all I can do is hope that Webby and Hook can take us to much much greener pastures and I no longer have to consider the above anymore.

Please feel free to comment/vent/rant at your leisure in this thread and let's all console together.

2. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

It’s definitely somehow Illawarra’s fault.

SBD82, getsmarty, Mjab and 2 others like this.
  3. epDragon62

epDragon62 Bench

You do know your sarcasm fuels the very thing you are taking the piss of, don't you?

4. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

We've been McGregored!

5. ALSGI

ALSGI Bench

Hasn’t been that bad mate, we were only 85mins from a GF not so long ago ..... and what about all the hardest preseasons ever ..... finally got the team I want.

Best was the junket to the States to learn from the Americans. It’s like sending a Carpenter to a Medical conference.

Never mind all the reviews before the Gould review.

f**kwits.

6. _Johnsy

_Johnsy Referee

#dragonsfooty
    #dragonsboard
    #McWreckor

hazzbeen likes this.
  7. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

Post of the Season ..... Love it .... Sad but true ....

8. matPORTS

matPORTS Juniors

Additionally - the Sharks have also had their fair share of off field scandals during this period of time and still managed to produce decent results, win a premiership, recruit some decent players and promote some fairly good juniors along the way. What more can we say? Unlike the old days I personally have found it hard in recent years to get stuck into little brother, and have actually turned somewhat of an admirer - mainly because we have little right to get stuck into them now. So yes, here is hoping that Webby and Hook can start to right this ship of ours.

While the Sharks were off winning a premiership in 2016, we were producing some of the worst results in the clubs history at that time to date (our biggest winning margin that whole season was by 14 points), and then insisting that McGregor had a 'positive future as a head coach'. Little did we realise that the results were only going to get more disappointing and worse from there. Oh boy! Thinking about the mistake we made by not getting rid of him then really sends my blood pressure northward!!

9. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Maybe we need to cheat the cap and get a peptides program going, if we win a gf we can attract players again.

redv13 and blue bags like this.
  10. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

He has at least gone now after all of the lowlights we had to suffer during his employment. It still really and truly beats me how the bloody hell he kept being re-signed - what were the then CEO and the BOD thinking. Anyway, good luck to the Sharks. They might have "cheated" in the past but I think they are clean now, (except for Xerri).

With injuries to Johnson and several others, their campaign in the finals will be short lived.

11. KiamaSaint

KiamaSaint Coach

I blame possm. Not enough influence in team recruitment or selections.

12. Inisai Toga

Inisai Toga Juniors

Marsupial Mess!

merahputih, Crush, Gareth67 and 4 others like this.
  13. blue bags

blue bags Bench

to much interference by muzby, with the BOD

I'm Hornby likes this.
  14. muzby

I only deal with Bruce..

be55, blue bags and ALSGI like this.
  15. bad boy bubby

bad boy bubby First Grade

Also you forgot to mention that we are now the Kings of Kogarah!!

SBD82 and blue bags like this.
  16. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Just make sure that you clean up after yourselves when you leave .

blue bags and bad boy bubby like this.
  17. Splinters

Splinters Juniors

All he knows is that he got you to pay attention to him.

That must have been one very sad childhood.

18. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Spot on Orangeman. You took you’re smart pills today

19. blue bags

blue bags Bench

muzby can clean up sharks mess

20. muzby

Irony.

Delicious.

SBD82 likes this.