What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did you rate the game.

How did you rate the game?

• Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Poor

• Total voters

TheROCK

Juniors
Definitely one of the best ever origin games. And that first half was the best first half I have ever seen, in any rugby league match. Absolutely tremendous.

Green Eye

Juniors
Was a brilliant game... It had it all.... Just needed rain and it would have been the best origin match of all time! :D

kaon

Juniors
It reminded me of last year’s grand final. An absolutely brutal match but instead of going for 60 minutes, last nights match went for 70.

Green Eye

Juniors
No he's not but he doesn't play the game with any skill... he just plays dirty. Forget it... It's a personal thing between me and Gee. It's going to be sorted out tonight. I'll be fighting him behind the sheds. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT....

Green eye comes off second best.. :lol:

TheROCK

Juniors
Green Eye said:
No he's not but he doesn't play the game with any skill... he just plays dirty. Forget it... It's a personal thing between me and Gee. It's going to be sorted out tonight. I'll be fighting him behind the sheds. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT....

Green eye comes off second best.. :lol:

Actually, if you've been watching Gee's performance lately for the Broncos, you would know he has skill. Believe it or not, he has a better passing game than Berrigan, and is used as a halfback sometimes. He's very skilful.

Green Eye

Juniors
lol.... sorry I was too busy watching NSW win...

when the scrum packed was it gee and someone else (who was it?) who harrigan told to get their melons in? I was LMFAO at that...

El Diablo

Post Whore
Great game with a good result :D

Gorden Tallis should learn the rules. Fancy thinking that he scored a fair try when he knocked it on :?

~bedsy~

First Grade
The Game was so great last night I was on my heels the whole time. I was swearing at the tv... then it clicked...uumm your swearing at a tv :lol: ... But yeah I was so happy about the result :D , it was a really a good hard, fast game of footy :D
Bring on Origin 2

El Coconuto

Bench
That was a great game of footy. To be honest I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was, but boy was I wrong, what an awesome game. Some points and questions I'd like to raise:

- Poor David Peachey. States Origin as one of the reasons he gave up the captaincy only to have Anthony Minachello have the game of his life. Hehe were it not for a man by the name of Darren Lockyer, Peachey would've been the Australian fullback for years and can't even make the Origin team anymore. Oh wells better luck next year Peach (and I mean that too I am not being sarcastic, hell I'm a Sharks fan for crying out loud).

- Haha, it never ceases to amaze me how Gorden Tallis loves to punch the air and whatever else he can find during Origin, especially in the in-goal area. No wonder they are called bannana benders. Whatever happens though, you're still a champ Gordie (not your buddy Wayne though)!

- Darren Lockyer was on absolute fire. He was the gem in a loosing team. The only thing he more he could've done, was to tell his halves team-mates to try and kick the ball away from Minachello. Mind you the way the entire team played in the last twenty, they were probably aiming for the corner flags anyways ;-) Spooky.

- Final thought, how much scarier did the Queensland jersey look when Andrew Johns was wearing it during the post match interviews. Now that was creepy. You think Wizard will be saying 'hey mate we dont sponsor your team for you to wear the other jersey ya punk'? 'Eh, up ya', he'd probably reply.

Your thoughts on the games dudes and dudettes? And yeah bring on the next Origin!

Eddie Jones thought it was a great game:

Jones aims for Origin standard
By Greg Growden
Friday, June 13, 2003

The Wallabies were invigorated by the State of Origin rugby league epic. But what the Australian players witnessed will eventually see their time on the training track becoming more of a torture test.

Wallaby coach Eddie Jones said yesterday Australian rugby could learn a great deal from those involved in the league showpiece as it proved the importance of training harder, working harder, and improving fitness, speed and skill levels.

The big lesson was that Australian rugby players could no longer take short cuts on the training paddock and expect to be a big influence on the international arena.

Jones yesterday stressed that Wallabies had to aspire to being able to play with the same level of intensity, ability and agility as if they were involved in a State of Origin match. He believes the Australian players have the capacity to lift to that level, but it requires overwhelming commitment and a high work ethic.

It may not happen as early as tomorrow night's Test against Wales at Telstra Stadium, but he is hoping for major improvement by World Cup time in October-November.

"It's now so obvious that players have to train at a high level if they want to play well. The old days of being able to train intermittently and play well are finished," Jones said.

"The game is getting too fast, and it will get faster. You only have to look at the State of Origin league game last night. What was impressive with that match was the speed of action, speed of passing and the skill level was just fantastic.

"Ultimately I think we'll end up playing the game like that. And it will be a fantastic game when we do that, because of the added element of rugby's unpredictability."

The crucial ingredient was improving rugby players' endurance and condition.

"The fitness levels in union can certainly be improved," Jones said. " We're trying to do that by making a couple of our training sessions harder than the actual games. That's the way we'll improve the pace we play the game, and the skill levels.

"We can improve our work capacity, that is the big thing. That means we can run faster for longer periods of time. And that has to happen from a young age.

"You just have to look at 15-, 16-, 17-, 18-year-old league players . . . they are far more physically developed than their rugby counterparts, and we need to be working down the same track.

TheROCK

Juniors
El Duque said:
Gorden Tallis should learn the rules. Fancy thinking that he scored a fair try when he knocked it on :?

He was complaining that it was racked out, that's why.