What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I?

El Coconuto

Bench
Personally I think it looks better without the sunblast MC.

Cardinal sin number one: When artists let plug ins determine how the graphic looks. Plug ins and effects are there to help you get what you want, not to change your mind about what you originally planned. Don't let the special effects gizmos own you! It's way too easy to overdo graphics when you do.

You're the designer, and they're there to help you. Not the other way around.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
*finally has photoshop*

Experiment:
dogstmt07a.jpg

Then made it blue:
dogstmt07.jpg

McLovin

Staff member
El Coconuto said:
Personally I think it looks better without the sunblast MC.

Cardinal sin number one: When artists let plug ins determine how the graphic looks. Plug ins and effects are there to help you get what you want, not to change your mind about what you originally planned. Don't let the special effects gizmos own you! It's way too easy to overdo graphics when you do.

You're the designer, and they're there to help you. Not the other way around.

Thanks wise sensei. Yeah it was my first sig i made using a proper program. I promise they'll get better...

atomic_crimson

Juniors
I haven't read the entire thread but another way is in photoshop is, if your image is on its own layer - select the transparent pixels - invert the selection so it is now around you image, then go to the edit menu -> stroke -> select you width in pixels, colour and location.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
I use Photoshop. Always have

El Coconuto said:
Dodger, all you have to do to get the white part around something -- and this is for those using photoshop -- is stroke the layer by about five pixels. Stroking is the function you're looking for, and you can make the outline any color you want.

Step by step guide: (In this case we're stroking the Titans logo)

stepbegin.gif

stepone.gif

steptwo.gif

stepthree.gif

And valla...

stepfour.gif

Very simple technique that adds a nice look to a lot of things...
You forgot one thing....

Position = "Inside"

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
if you put a border on the outside of a layer/image in photoshop it wont display. Its hard to explain but if you think about it, if you put a stroke outside the edge of an image its not going to show...

Monk

Referee
hi im just practising making banners but i dont know how 2 put them in your signature... help please!!!

Hatzy

Juniors
Heres another two questions if someone would be so kind as to answer :)

How do I put a border around the whole image? Like a simple white 2 pixel border?

and

How do I make two layers blend into each other?

Stonecutter

First Grade
If you have photoshop then using 'stroke' function in blending options works for the layer you're on.

On PS you go to blending options and on default settings you fiddle around with the opacity.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Russell Crowe's Band said:
i have question...

how do i resize images to make them smaller/larger, so that the image quality stays the same?

On PS when you resize an image an option comes up with apply transformation or something along those lines which helps keep the quality constant with alterations.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Jumpy Monkey said:
hi im just practising making banners but i dont know how 2 put them in your signature... help please!!!

Go to the user cp on the top right. click on edit signature. and then insert the image code eg. url...[img].

Photobucket.com is a good place to upload an image and get a url + its free.

Latest posts