What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do people feel....

greeneyed

First Grade
about this story in RLW, by someone called Nick Walshaw... It starts this way....

"It was hard to tell who had suffered the most by full time, the exhausted Canberra players or their rowdy fans in Bay 33... who consumed enough grog to fuel the team bus all the way home to the nation's capital.

Standing like a small green puddle in a sea of red white and blue, the brave fans chanted, drank, shouted, gesticulated and drank some more as their team was put to the sword by the competition favourites.

Security asked them to sit down. Then police asked them to sit down. Twice. But still they stood and swayed as one. A unite force of bright green drunks."

greeneyed

First Grade
It concludes this way:

"Asked at the post match press conference who he thought would now gon on to win the competition, coach Elliott smiled and said: "Mate, ring me at 2am tomorrow morning and I'll probably have a few thoughts on that and a lot of other things."

A coach and his players on the drink.... that should make at least one group of Raiders fans happy."

Anonymous

Juniors
:evil:

RLW should apologise immediatly to the Canberra Raiders and their fans and the journalist in question should be reprimanded.

Kris_man

Bench
yeah too right. what's he doing discouraging alcohol consumption?! :evil: alcohol has been proven to be non-addictive and completely harmless. :roll:

Raider Azz

Bench
The point is, most of us weren't drunk. A few people were, yes, but cheering our team had nothing to do with the alcohol. This writer has put the emphasis on the beer and it shouldnt be.

GreenGuy

Give Walshaw a break. He is the guy that covers all the raiders stories in RLW, and he didn't mean any offence.

Raider Ultra

Bench
Why is it whenever a group of sports fans cheer their team to the hilt in Australia they are presumed to be drunk? Alright a few of us were, but the vast majority weren't. Must've been a slow news day. Would have been better off doing an article on the efforts of the SGB/Army this year...

thickos

First Grade
Absolutely pathetic. I'll start to pen a letter now :badgrin:

I know plenty of people who like a drink at the footy but that comment is disgraceful - it would people off sitting with the Army/SGB.

Not impressed with RLW at all.

SOULS 04

Juniors
thats a pathetic article

was anyone violent?

destroy anything?

doesnt sound like it from the article
sounds like a certain reporter is just clutching at straws for a story

Raider_69

Post Whore
i acually think the opposite
from my stand point it looks as though he is prasising the efforts, that despite being smashed, security trying to calm yas down and being clearly out numbers, you guys continied to drink, sing, cheer and ride the mighty raiders untill the final hooter....

however the emphisies on grog is over the top

Sully

Juniors
At least it adds fuel to the fire in ....

WE SHALL NOT WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED.....

WE SHALL NOT WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED.....

What else did you expect as a write up.. "a sea of red white and blue" what all 7000 of them at a final... what fans! what supporters.

As a friend of mine said on the day "plenty of brand new, non washed jerseys at the ground".

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raider_Azz said:
Which leads me to the next question... WHY WEREN'T YOU THERE 69!!!

if there is one thing i have more passion for than canberra
its a hatred for public transport. Track works were on right into the city, it would have taken me 6 hours of travel to get to the game and back, normally i can get to the SFS and back in just under 3 and even then it shits me to tears

good news is by next season ill thge proud owner of my P's and a car plus hopefully a job where i dont work weekends HENCE me = reggie 8)