What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you handle a loss

Kaz

junior
I am over it within an hour of the game being over.

And I start to think of the next weeks game.

I never throw anything at the TV & anyone.

Do you go berserk, throw things & your not over the loss for days.

I want you to be honest. :lol:

astrogirl

First Grade
Nope, I don't go crazy at all.

After a loss, I simply hope that my team doesn't cop too much of a bagging from my friends and colleagues. The only time I get even close to losing it is when "one man team" type comments are made.

I find that a loss is a lot harder to take when I am at the ground, than when I'm watching it on TV.

m0j0

Bench
I tend to get a bit down for a while, but then I remember the 80's when we lost a hell of a lot more than we do now and I'm alright again.

I hadn't been to a game that we'd lost for a long time - until the GF last year. It took me a while to get over that one, mainly because there was no "next week" to look forward to.

MC DUI

Juniors
I usually sulk for a while then I drink more! :alcho:

"To alcohol the cause and solution to all of lifes problems" - Homer :lol:

Jedda

Juniors
It usually depends on the way we lost.

I was pretty bitter about a few of the floggings we copped last year in the middle of the injury crisis. I find the absolute beltings hurt more than the narrow losses.

In saying though, I tend to be pretty quiet for a few days until the next weekend match gets close then I'm all fired up waiting for the guys to redeem themselves.

les norton

First Grade
Honestly - i get pretty shirty, usually if my brother, dad, step dad basically any male in my family gives me the shits...

Heres something interesting...

There was a study done in england and satisfaction in life job ect. They decided to do it some mad football town (kinda like newie i guess :D ) Anyways It was a longitudinal study and job satisfaction was significantly correlated with how well their football team did...like over 20 yrs or something. They filled in out their questionnaires once a year or whatever and then the reasearchers saw that it mapped quite nicely on the teams performance.

northey

First Grade
i am a real emotional person and well i get really upset when we lose!!
also for thoes who were at the touch footy comp last year... remember when i went off at henry for throwing the ball at me when i wasn't looking??? and i went off... then kicked the ball so he had to run... even though he had a sore knee???

Doctor

Bench
Crawl up into the fetal position and remind myself: "it's only a game...it's only a game....it's only a game", until I fall asleep. ;-)

Seriously though, if the Knights have played well then I'm not usually that disappointed.

Unfortunately, we often ruin our chances with too much dropped ball, silly penalties by the usual suspects, and poor defence. Hopefully some of these issues will finally be addressed this year.

legallyblonde

Juniors
I hate losing in anything, no matter what is is. I dont handle losing well at all, saying that I am not a sore loser...I just hate the feeling of not coming first lol.

Kaz

junior
When my team loses, I alway look for a opposition fan & shake their hand & say great win by your team. :D

But they don't know, I am thinking I hope a meteor slams into your teams dressing shed. :lol: But it only lasts a short time.

Doctor

Bench
Kaz said:
When my team loses, I alway look for a opposition fan & shake their hand & say great win by your team. :D

Who are you, what did you do with Kaz, and what are you going to pay us to deliver her back to the forum? :lol:

The asking price may break the salary cap..... ;-)

Kaz

junior
Oswin said:
Kaz said:

Who are you, what did you do with Kaz, and what are you going to pay us to deliver her back to the forum? :lol:

The asking price may break the salary cap..... ;-)

:lol:

It won't break my teams salary cap.

Don't know about your team though. :lol:

Sam

I always do that.

I even did that when I was in Newcastle.

Poor Risa thought I would get beaten up. But I had the 'freaks' eating out of my hand. :lol:

Doctor

Bench
But I had the 'freaks' eating out of my hand

What were you feeding them....A cookie version of your latest concoctment was it Kaz? Needs more eye of newt :-& :lol:

Kaz

junior
Oswin said:

What were you feeding them....A cookie version of your latest concoctment was it Kaz? Needs more eye of newt :-& :lol:

Well the guy on the street corner said they were a HIGH selling cookie. ;-)

Doctor

Bench
Kaz said:
Oswin said:

Well the guy on the street corner said they were a HIGH selling cookie. ;-)

Let me guess.... you said:

"I'll take everything you've got, it's for ..... [pause]....personal use" ;-)

foetus_head

Juniors
You don't wanna be around me when we lose, I really get a little too involved in the footy. I have a temper when I play sport too, if a decision doesnt go my way I tend to get a little pissed, one of my weknesses, no matter, it makes life more fun 8)

~bedsy~

First Grade
astrogirl said:
I find that a loss is a lot harder to take when I am at the ground, than when I'm watching it on TV.
That's the same with me.
I'm really sulky after the game... but then about a couple of hrs later I'm like mehh... and just try to look at some positives if any :lol:

~knights~

Juniors
Does anyone remember that tigers v knights game with joey out and we led by 24 points and got run down.

That game gave me the sh*ts afterwards :lol:

I stormed off into my room and went to bed,lol.

I think the worst losses are if you are leading and get run down ,kind of a letdown :( (Roosters semi 2000)

If the knights lose i get a little disappointed but as long as they tried hard it doesn't matter but that tigers game and also that game v the sharks where we were flogged gives you the sh*ts :x