What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does Ben Ikin get a gig as a commentator????

jk13

First Grade
The toad should stick to marrying daughters of successful people

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Is Rapara a Queenslander?

I dont mind Ikin on occassions but geez he was annoying tonight.

That commentary reminded me off when we played the Broncos one night and he kept praising Boyd and Hunt.

T.S Quint

Coach
Rapana started the game ok, but lost the plot towards the end.
Ikin got to a stage where he had heaped so much praise on the bloke that he couldn't back out of it.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Yeah Gaz, but he was really poor in that game.

He had his Broncos coloured glasses on, everything that happened he was trying to spin it in Canberra's favour, because a raiders win would be better for the broncs making the 8.

But normally he isn't bad at all.

I have no problem with Ikin. But then again, I don't get upset by commentators (beyond the first 5 seconds after they say something dumb) no matter how silly they are. It's not as if they dictate whether we win or lose.

strider

Post Whore
Agreed. He knows his stuff and always provides insightful comments. He's good on NRL 360 as well.

yeah i don't mind him on nrl360 ... perhaps cos that is alot preplanned he can think ahead and preplan - but during a game shit just blurts out

#ImAGeniusTooves

TheRam

Coach
Agreed. He knows his stuff and always provides insightful comments. He's good on NRL 360 as well.

Ikin is much better than half the doey ex-footballer commentators. At least he has a brain.

Are you guys serious? He may have a brain to some degree, but his observations during live games are at time laughable. He is either visually impaired, bias or just has no clue. Sounds credible due to his decent voice and language skills, but generally delivers a lot of nonsense over the course of a game.