What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Far will the Knights go?

How far will the Knights go this year?

• Make Grand Final

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get to week 3

• Get to week 2

• Knocked out in 1st week

• Total voters

tigermite

Juniors
I can't see them getting past the first week. Playing at Penrith, Canberra or Sydney will be a very tough assignment, and one that I don't think they'll be up to.

misty

Juniors
If they can get past Penrith, Canberra and the Roosters we'll be laughing all the way to the bank ;-)

knightsgal85

Juniors
mia said:
If they can get past Penrith, Canberra and the Roosters we'll be laughing all the way to the bank ;-)

:lol: ... I think we may pull a surprise in the first week of the finals series & beat our opposition, despite playing away from home (provided we continue our stunning performance from the Dragons clash). I nominated the selection that we would 'Get to week 2'.

Tough to say. I'd consider it quite an achievement to make it past the first round. I've always thought it a little embarrassing to play just one more week than the team that came last (even though Souths have the bye this week).

So I'll just say week two cause that's what I want. But as we saw last year, we're in a position to shake up a top team and I'm hoping that we put in a much bigger performance than the 60 minute effort against the Roosters last year.

Alex28

Coach
i'm thinking that given the way they played while Joey was there mid-season, i dont think they would have made it to the grad final - many many players are guilty of cruising along and hoping Joey will save the day. they would have self-destructed when things didnt go Joey's way, and we would have lost probably in the second week.

the likes of Buderus (in particular) have stepped up and taken some initiative and the team is better for this experience - if only for the confidence the likes of Buderus and Kidley can take out of the last few weeks, but mostly that the guys know they CAN win without Joey.

if we play the raiders at home - we can beat them. we played average and nearly got them. i just cant see us beating the roosters or the bulldogs or penrith. if we beat the radiers and have a shot at a home final in the second week - then anything can happen.

Doctor

Bench
The Knights can beat the Raiders - we played them in freezing conditions without O'Davis and Tahu, and lost the game by 8 after conceeding 10 points in the first 10 minutes - the Knights outplayed them for 70 minutes despite the fact our record down there is poor even with Johns.

The Panthers - well they've turned around from practically last to first this year, perhaps finals pressure will get to them. Perhaps they'll win the comp.

The Roosters are a tough assignment, but I think the Knights will certainly have a crack at any team they play - regardless of status or opposing reputations.

Simplycheeky

Juniors
Hi peoples..
I honestly believe that the Knight's would never have won the Premiership in 97 if Joey hadn't been out for an extended period.. IMO during that time they learnt how to defend and attack without relying on his genius!
Anyway to get to the point....I want to believe that if the Knight's could get to week three in the finals that would also coincide with Joey being in the neck brace for 6 weeks (which is what the doctor ordered) There could be the minutest possibility that he would be able to play for the preliminary final and the Grand Final (fingers crossed)....Yeah yeah I know...but its always nice to dream!

Terminator

First Grade
To be honest, I would like Joey for his own sake to stay out of this one a serious neck injury should be given at least 4 months if not more, I would rather us not make the GF than make it with Joey stretched off for good.
In saying that I also believe we have a good chance of getting there and taking it with Kids(touch wood) leading the charge.

Doctor

Bench
Unlike previous years there are no sudden heroics to be had on Johns' part in this one. He is out till next season as far as I'm concerned, his performance next year is far more important than a high-risk premature comeback this season - stay off the field is what most genuine Knights fans will want, so too his doctors.

In any case the Knights are performing quite well in his absence, and although they may not win the premiership, they're learning a whole lot without Johns there.

It is important for both parties; Johns and the whole side, that the injury is left to heal properly, Johns is allowed to restore his strength and get some fitness back for next season. I'd be disappointed if Johns made a premature comeback - especially given the seriousness of the injury.

princess plj

Juniors
if they make the final, thats great....but i would not want to have joey there with his neck.....i would like to see him on the field next yr fresh and ready to go for a brilliant season in 2004. if they make the finals, i am sure with the right combinations and tactics they can bring it home. a neck injury is verty serious, although with joey who knows as punctured lung and cracked ribs did not stop him in 1997.