What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good is this?

Ari Gold

Bench
Everyone is talking about the Tri-Nations at the moment, on the TODAY show this morning the panel had a lengthy discussion over who is right or wrong in the whole Mason-Kidwell incident, they hardly dedicate time for discussions for any sports, let alone rugby league.. Lol even jessica rowe had a say :crazy:

It's all over the newspapers, Willie's head on the front page of the Telegraph today calling for revenge.

Add players like fielden, morley, newton to the mix and these Tri-Nations could be remembered for a long time.

dimitri

First Grade
robyalvaro said:
Everyone is talking about the Tri-Nations at the moment, on the TODAY show this morning the panel had a lengthy discussion over who is right or wrong in the whole Mason-Kidwell incident, they hardly dedicate time for discussions for any sports, let alone rugby league.. Lol even jessica rowe had a say :crazy:

It's all over the newspapers, Willie's head on the front page of the Telegraph today calling for revenge.

Add players like fielden, morley, newton to the mix and these Tri-Nations could be remembered for a long time.

Absolutely Awesome!!!

Massive shot in the arm for the international game!

Hopefully the tri nations will continue to create massive headlines and then the world cup will be a massive success!

phonetic

Juniors
I was on theage.com.au this afternoon, and noticed that an article regarding the Willie Mason incident was the number 1 viewed article for the day. Also 3 league stories lead their sport section. Very rare.

Lets hope there's a good buildup to the weekend, and more importantly, the game delivers.

russ13

First Grade
This blog on the SMH site "disrespect or a beat up" is one of the longests' sports' blogs I seen.

Unfortunately a couple of union jerks have hijacked it. Could every one here get on there & give em heaps. (I note a few have.)

http://blogs.smh.com.au/sport/archives/2006/10/disrepect_or_a.html

Here is the main one:

Who really cares, lets be frank here. League is a second class sport that dosen't deserve to be even fussed about internationaly. When the so called 2nd best team gets I hiding ever time its goes out to play whats the significance of it.
Scrap international league tests end of story. It will always remain a Sydney based sport no matter what they try.
In other words I didn't watch that game couldn't give to hoots, Willie mouthed off he got flattened end of story.
League should try and concentrate on more meaningful topics like why the players turn up boozed, rape people and the general image of being a yobs sport
end rant

Posted by: Who cares at October 16, 2006 02:05 PM

mattyg

Bench
As Mason said...they should be thanking him if anything for selling a few tickets :lol: But its definately getting alot of interest. Hopefully a close to sell out crowd will be in Melbourne this weekend. I can't wait for the game on TV.

ozboy

Juniors
All thanks to Willie Mason.

Yet he seems to be bagged in every second thread/response on this forum.

russ13

First Grade
Here are some of the responses:

...in response to 'who cares' about and his/here rant against Rugby League (it was the usual cliches about League players drinking, raping, pillaging - all negative garbage that had been regurgitated from the press - heard it all before, yawn) ...you titled your post correctly when you signed it off 'who cares' - your opinion was un-related to this blog and was just a cheap shot at a very popular sport. Your comments smacked of jealousy and ignorance and were ridiculous generalisations - who cares alright, who cares what you think, you are obviously in the minority so go back to your stamp collecting and butterfly collection and leave us real sports fans to enjoy a genuinely passionate international event like the Rugby League Tri-Nations.
  • Posted by: stoo at October 16, 2006 04:26 PM

Jeez, these kiwis are getting a little precious.
Some savage dance that is a relic from a savage culture is put on display, then they have the audacity that a ritual of intimidation has to be absorbed... how precious.
Then to add to it, they continued with thuggery the entire night, leaving skill by the wayside.
This is, I believe, an indictment of the wider sporting NZ culture. They have an inflated view of themselves, winning nothing but meaingless sports such as Rugby Union, I mean it's played in 15 postcodes in Sydney, 8 postcode in Brisbane and St. Edumund college in Canberra... no one in Australia plays RU, no one likes RU in Australia, yet this measley sport in Australia can match it with the worlds best.

The All-Blacks manage to "climb this mountain" whoop-de-doo.

A dumb country achieving success at dumb man's rugby.

Anytime NZ wants to take the step up and play proper rugby against the kangaroos, instead of being content with the second rate mediocrity that is rugby union, we'll be here, belting NZ down to their rightful position of beneath Australia.

• Posted by: Kurt at October 16, 2006 09:03 PM

In response to the ignorant post by "Who Cares", New Zealand doesn't get a hiding every time it plays.
For the record, the Kiwis beat Australia in two Tri Nations matches last year, lost the third narrowly, and gave the Roos their first series loss since 1978. Australia is out for revenge this year.
That's "the significance of it".
  • Posted by: Andrew P at October 16, 2006 10:51 PM
  • doesn't it make you laugh when you read comments from people like 'who cares'? they take the time out to write a message bagging rugby league when they wouldn't write in the first place if they didn't care.
    • Posted by: meninga at October 16, 2006 10:55 PM
    • When i spoke of New Zealnds woefull rugby world cup record i ment it in the following context,
      1. Yes Australia has only won it twice, but it's not our national religion or obsesion. Not to mention that it's a 4th class game in Australia mainly played by a few private School boys who could double as extras in Brides head revisited.
      2.Australia ave won it twice in the profesional era, unlike New Zeland who dispite all their chest beating have only one win to show for themselves 20 yes 20 years ago and before rugby became profesional so yeah- SAD
      • Posted by: Gavin QLD at October 17, 2006 08:40 AM
    • To all you rah rah idiots - maybe you should start following our league team - at least they win occasionally. To anyone who thinks a shoulder charge is a dog shot and an act of thuggery - wake up to yourselves - its one of the factors that make it better than Union (ie. you can actually stay awake to watch it). You say international league is a joke - at least its more interesting than soccer, which is more than I can say for union.
      You're a pack of whingers - get over it. Willie swore (who cares) and got belted (who cares). A bit of sledging, a bit of big hitting. Its not even a bloody issue.
      • Posted by: Sam at October 17, 2006 09:20 AM