What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good was Galea today!

mikey

Juniors
I know other people have said this in the last couple of weeks but gee he was on fire today.

Thank you benny for the work youve done in the last few weeks.

Palms

Juniors
id rather see him running in the backrow next year then at dummy half..at lot more potential for damage

Stellar

Juniors
I agree. lock means he can run the ball with the added bonus that he has a good passing game which locks need. But no matter where he plays hes still a gun and in the best form of his career IMO

jirskyr

Juniors
I reckon he looked gold with the Footy in his hands at 5/8th. Even if it was just 10 minutes at the start of the game.

But at 5/8th he made the bustling run that got them towards their first try, and very nearly crashed over himself.

I think I'd prefer for now Galea ahead of Beuttner at 5/8th. Then get an extra forward into the pack. For example Skando back this week, Laffranchi to starting 2nd row.

jy

Juniors
galea was sensational. how many metres did he make? looked great with the ball as second reciever with a very deep backline. i thought sattler was also excellent playing a similar role.

simon says

First Grade
Yeah he is back to his best,great to see him taking the line on more like he used to.He has close to the best left foot step in the game and uses it well.Good to see him a little wider too.

I admit I thought at times over the last two years that Benny G had lost it,but he sure has found it again.

Bloody great work Benny G.

Cheers.

ozcrusader

Bench
Does anyone else think he would be wasted at hooker?

His best weapon is his step and he would struggle to use it at hooker.

Lock is where he belongs IMO

Eddie.

Bench
He would be well and truly wasted at hooker.

Farah and Fitzy for dummy half, or keep mears for another year.

Galea should be captain and lock.

Gus22

Juniors
goangod said:
Does anyone else think he would be wasted at hooker?

His best weapon is his step and he would struggle to use it at hooker.

Lock is where he belongs IMO

I agree.
He'd be a really good hooker, but he is most dangerous wide of the rucks. His work at hooker can be equalled by (an in-form & interested) Farah or Mears, but we have no-one who could duplicate his impact as a lock or back rower.

RifRaf

Juniors
Eddie. said:
He would be well and truly wasted at hooker.

Farah and Fitzy for dummy half, or keep mears for another year.

Galea should be captain and lock.
I think you'll be on the money there re: BG captain. I know Sheens had considered making him captain this year.
Where's all the knockers from the start of the season when I said "you should give him a break he's been one of our best for years and is coming off injury" and the responses were a bunch of fat jokes and a couple of "has beens" thrown in for good measure..

passes a tissue to knockers "To wipe the egg off your face"

B_Tiger

Juniors
galea is a f**king champion. He could really be a great player next year if things go well for the side. Is there a better up and coming lock in the game? Too often I think fans look for the highlights to see who played well. but, it's the players who do everything right consistently that are the genuine quality first graders. I don't think Galea had much impact in matches early on (except for maybe the penrith game) but he was doing everything right and not coming up with errors. Now, he's figured out where best to get involved in a match and he is in terrific form. I agree that he should be at 5/8 at the moment, and maybe start there next year, which would allow benji to come on and play as a substitute (thus reducing the pressure on him).

ozcrusader

Bench
RifRaf said:
I think you'll be on the money there re: BG captain. I know Sheens had considered making him captain this year.
Where's all the knockers from the start of the season when I said "you should give him a break he's been one of our best for years and is coming off injury" and the responses were a bunch of fat jokes and a couple of "has beens" thrown in for good measure..

passes a tissue to knockers "To wipe the egg off your face"

Well said. I was very surprised at the level of vitriol directed at BG early in the season - but to be fair, he was doing nothing.

Now that Senters is gone, BG or O'Neill should be captain for next year. O'Neill is old - Galea is the MAN.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Im so glad to be reading all this about Benny, The last 6 weeks he's just got better and better and its safe to say he's back to the level he was 18 months/ 2 years ago. Riff's right, he's struggled with Injuries for a while now, especially the shoulder but he seems to be over them now and slowly getting back to his best, i feel he's only gonna get better yet too.

mikey

Juniors
I'd like to see him at 5/8 for the Broncos match because I'm pretty certain he can do the job on Lockyer (and there's no-one else better).

HOT028

Juniors
mikey, good call but i think buettner has been going great guns in defence and should be able to shut lockyer down, i think the danger man will be hunt.