What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good would this be...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Brady vs Rodgers in a Super Bowl.

The greatest QB in history versus potentially the guy that will overtake his title, yes very early days for Rodgers but many years left in him to win a couple of SB's.

We havent seen a SB with two true great QB's playing against one another since 94 - Kelly vs Aikman, would be amazing.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Rodgers has it all to do against a confident Giants team and a Niners defence chomping at the bit to get hold of him and that offense. Brady has a better run to the Super Bowl that is for sure. I am a big Tom Brady fan, though I'd have NE vs GB behind BAL vs SF in terms of a dream match up. Harbaugh vs Harbaugh. Two great defensive teams. Smash mouth football.

Eelectrica

Referee
As much as I hate the Patriots, them being in this years SB would make for the best SB. The Ravens are as exciting as a dead fish.

Watching Green Bay once again beat the Patriots in the SB would be fun to watch.
Wouldn't mind Eli and the Giants knocking them over again either. Wouldn't be quite the same this time around, but still cool.

After today, the 49ers back in the big one wouldn't be too bad either.
Next week though we should see how Brady goes against a top class defence if the Ravens don't choke against the Texans.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
This is the concern with NE - they didn't exactly have the hardest schedule to contend with. That said, if their defence plays like they did today and Brady is Brady, they won't be stopped en route to the Super Bowl.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
As much as I hate the Patriots, them being in this years SB would make for the best SB. The Ravens are as exciting as a dead fish.

Watching Green Bay once again beat the Patriots in the SB would be fun to watch.
Wouldn't mind Eli and the Giants knocking them over again either. Wouldn't be quite the same this time around, but still cool.

After today, the 49ers back in the big one wouldn't be too bad either.
Next week though we should see how Brady goes against a top class defence if the Ravens don't choke against the Texans.

exactly, epic battle between 2 wonderful qb's and offenses.

Brady can pick apart anyone, im more worried about the pats defense in those games, but GB v NE would be the greatest SB encounter in history imo

Ron Jeremy

Coach
This is the concern with NE - they didn't exactly have the hardest schedule to contend with. That said, if their defence plays like they did today and Brady is Brady, they won't be stopped en route to the Super Bowl.

no thanks, in theory sounds great, but if it isnt played in snow and rain 80 percent ofthe time r very boring games

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Rodgers has it all to do against a confident Giants team and a Niners defence chomping at the bit to get hold of him and that offense. Brady has a better run to the Super Bowl that is for sure. I am a big Tom Brady fan, though I'd have NE vs GB behind BAL vs SF in terms of a dream match up. Harbaugh vs Harbaugh. Two great defensive teams. Smash mouth football.

i dont think people will really give a shit bout the coaches in the sb tbh;-):lol:

people want brady v rodgers;-)

Eelectrica

Referee
In the SB we do like the best QB's going head to head. Rodgers has to be considered the best in the NFC. And Brady is certainly the best of the remaining AFC QB's.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
it will be epic, and as i said earlier, it will be the first time since 94 that two HOF qbs oppose one another in a SB.

Raider_69

Post Whore
still plenty of football to be played and GB aint no sure bets against the gaints or niners
but i am very heavily pulling for a packers v pats SB, would be an amazing game to watch

Chip Bayless

Juniors
i dont think people will really give a shit bout the coaches in the sb tbh;-):lol:

people want brady v rodgers;-)

In your opinion.

It runs a little deeper than JUST the coaches though I'd still love to see this match up. I like great defensive teams. These two are the two best left in the game, "smash mouth" football would be MY (key word) preferred Super Bowl.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
it will be epic, and as i said earlier, it will be the first time since 94 that two HOF qbs oppose one another in a SB.

First up, Manning vs Brees nomination is more than justified. Peyton Manning had a great season in 2009 (QBR 99.9 33TD - 16INT - 4500yd) as did Drew Brees (QBR 109.6 - 34TD - 11INT - 4388yd). Both are locks for the Hall of Fame.

Just a couple nominations; Brett Favre vs John Elway and Ben Roethlisberger (he is a HOF QB) vs Aaron Rodgers (assuming he makes it - if healthy, 99.9% he will. Terrell Davis was going to be a lock though injury curtailed career - hesitant to make anyone a AUTOMATIC selection). Depending on which side of the fence you're on regarding Kurt Warner's nomination, Tom Brady and Warner squared off too.

Last edited:

AuDragon

Juniors
Well, it seems that defense still is what matters most. Another high powered offense gone packing... (pun intended) :lol:

Eelectrica

Referee
The Packers thank RJ for jinxing them. I wonder if the Patriots will also be thanking RJ next week.
Would be kind of funning if Brady was out performed by Dilfer Mk2.

Latest posts