What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How has the origin drama affected Joe Blow?

antonius

Coach
It'll be interesting to see how tonights game pans out attendance wise, and how the crowd behaves towards the NSW team/Players. I was talking to the local newsagent at Glendale this morning, (his newsagency would be one of the busiest in the area) He was telling me that he usually sells hundreds of SOO program books each year, this year he hasn't sold one!!! now I find that absolutely unbelievable that the events of the past couple of weeks have affected people that much. So yes I'll be listening to see what sort of reception the team, and in particular a couple of the players get tonight.

astrogirl

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/05/25/1085461759840.html

I just read that the expected crowd is 63,000 to 65,000.

Compared to 55,000 for the previous time Sydney hosted the first game in the series.

Not too bad if the attandence figures top 60,000 IMO.

I can't believe that zero SOO programs have been sold this year, at the newsagent you mention antonius. Wow. I guess I say that because for me, the controversy has not made me look forward to this game any less - though that may have something to do with the fact that the Knights had a bye last round, and I needed a game to look forward to :D

tigermite

Juniors
The drama hasn't affected me much. I'd say I'm looking forward to it as much as the previous few years or so. But I must say that it doesn't interest me as much as it used to.... it's hard getting revved right up for it when the team is made up from players basically only from a few sides and Tigers players are constantly overlooked...

I'm actually more looking forward to seeing Scotty Prince run around for Qld, and can't wait to hear the reception Mason gets....

But I'll still be supporting the mighty Blues... I just hope channel 9 doesn't show too much of Gould on the sidelines... that always wrecks a good game....

Andy

First Grade
The drama's done nothing to my apetite for origin action.

I'm always a bit crazy at origin time and nothing's changed this year.

I'm wearing my pale blue tie to work today and I've even decorated my office with blue streamers and balloons.

I also decorated the offices of the QLD supporters early this morning, but those decorations had come down well before 9 o'clock this morning.

I don't know why though...

It could have something to do with the fact that I had no maroon coloured decorations and had to use pale and navy blue instead :D

~bedsy~

First Grade
I got one of those mag's, would never miss one.
This whole thing has dissapointed me, but it hasn't stoped me from loving Origin. I'm so looking forward to this game.
Yeah I heard about 60,000 have already sold for tonite. Wish I had one of them actually.

~bedsy~

First Grade
63,000 was about the total of the crowd tonite.
Wasn't the most exciting game, but it was still good, and a great kick from Timmins.

He certainly did. It was awesome.

A decent final 15 minutes or so, but overall it was the least intense SOO I've ever seen.

gaterooze

Bench
Least intense? Were we watching the same game? We thought it was brilliant from start to finish! Just look at the tackle count if you don't think it was intense. Man, you can't please some people...

Rusty

Juniors
Nothing beats the atmosphere at the Origin(except for maybe a Knights game), the players were exceptional last night :clap: .The roar from the crowd when Timmins landed that kick was louder than anything I have ever heard before I think we would of been heard in China hehe

the_knights_rule

First Grade
CycloneSteve wrote:
68,000 and Mason copped a flogging from the crowd.

I heard that on the telly.... I booed with them

:lol: :lol: good work! i thought it was pretty funny when everyone was booing him, i think he got a bigger bo than the qlders got when tehy ran out! haha oh well he deserved it :D

sexybum

Juniors
man i wish i was there! It sounds like it was an awsome night! its not the same watching it on the telly! oh well im definatley going to the third game!! :D

antonius

Coach
Joe Blow is the local Newsagent!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How was the first set of six tackles by NSW? I thought it was awesome, O'Meley was on a mission.

Andy

First Grade
Oh absolutely!! 5 players all getting in on the first tackle. They were obviously keen to get in on the action.

Could have been very dangerous if QLD managed to get an offload and spread the ball wide. :shock:

Latest posts