What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is it you all think halves win games?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Think 9 is the where the game is decided, Cameron Smith dominated over a decade, numerous halves.

Mick Ennis played his best year 2016. Without Api Penrith run 4th.

You need a 9.

Api is no.1, Grant not far, I rate Robson more than most, Our pretty boy is warming to the task, The parra Qlder goes ok, Cook, hey he is a weapon, Easts you lack, Raiders nothing, Broncos still unsure who to play.

Meh your halves. Lets talk nine's then fullbacks......

The Cows, Robson, actually played in our Juniors. He came down from the north coast and played in our junior league.
There was always intense competition between he and B2, with B2 a lot of the time getting the rep spots (i wonder if a bit of nepotism was on show there?), so Robson moved over to the St.George area.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The Cows, Robson, actually played in our Juniors. He came down from the north coast and played in our junior league.
There was always intense competition between he and B2, with B2 a lot of the time getting the rep spots (i wonder if a bit of nepotism was on show there?), so Robson moved over to the St.George area.
And Bayke played bench as Robson did starter for NSW and Aus. Jayden was a year or so above.

Now comes the reckoning.

Api is 1 though, sublime skills.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
its a team game

what came first, the chicken or the egg?
Well hook got sacked, the got Api and Ivan, I am going egg.

I also always going egg, logic will always suggest the egg. Simple science, two chicken like birds rooted produced the egg. why was this ever a question?

What is the sound of one hand clapping? I get the premise, but seriously I can do it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If a tree falls in a forest and no number 9 is there to hear it???

Have your halfbacks, give me a 9, was 12 back in my day, you young punks, made 9 the man.

As pointed out elsewhere big men need to do a job, lose that 9, 7, 6 and 1 are pushing Ryhno uo a hill.

9 will decided it, watch happen yet again.

big hit!

Bench
Forwards lay the foundation. If the boppers are getting qptb, a gun 9 can break the game apart. JWH, Leotta, & Yeo do it for Api. Murray, Junior & TomB do it for Cookie. Bromwich bros and SMith do it for Grant. Junior & RCG do it for Mahony.

You need to halves to nail it though, whether its converting tries or getting repeat sets to pile on the pressure. If your halves can't kick or convert opportunities, then the team won't get the point.

..... JWH, Leotta, & Yeo do it for Api. Murray, Junior & TomB do it for Cookie. Bromwich bros and SMith do it for Grant. Junior & RCG do it for Mahony.

I take it you meant "JFH" as I'm pretty sure it would be news to "JWH" let alone Api, the Panthers and the Roosters too :)

Fangs

Coach
I know halves win the game because they always get 3 dally m points regardless of their performance and thats the mark of a winning player real proof.

Bazal

Post Whore
No one position "wins" the game because every game is different. It's a pointless oversimplification. Every era is also different and the quality of available players helps dictate the way the game is played.

Hooker is important at the moment because a player like Scumbag Smith came along and changed the way it was played again. And also because the interchange has dropped, ruck speed is so important, the six again rule impacts the way teams play so strongly, etc. But between, say, Elias/Walters era and Cam Smith you had plenty of blokes play regular starting hooker in the NRL who could barely pass left to right.

The halves are always important, even if they're not always top of the tree, because the halves are the kickers and the lynchpins for the attack.

MKCS

Juniors
I think if it came down to it if my team was chasing 6 points with 5 minutes to go I'd rather a gun half or fullback as opposed to a gun hooker but it is a very important position obviously.

Pennies win with Api, he improves the tigers to top 8.

Pennies back to the field, without Kikau the worlds best backrower and Api.

Watch it happen.

Api will improve the Tigers but not sure he's getting them to top 8 in 2023.

big hit!

Bench
Forwards lay the foundation. If the boppers are getting qptb, a gun 9 can break the game apart. JWH, Leotta, & Yeo do it for Api. Murray, Junior & TomB do it for Cookie. Bromwich bros and SMith do it for Grant. Junior & RCG do it for Mahony.

You need to halves to nail it though, whether its converting tries or getting repeat sets to pile on the pressure. If your halves can't kick or convert opportunities, then the team won't get the point.

Api's try vs Souths case in point. Kikau got quick play the ball and Api scooted out and scored a controversial try to begin laying on the points. On many other occasions, they'll get the defence rolling backwards and then Cleary and Luai can run amok.

Last edited: