What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How it should have been handled

taipan

Referee
I think it was irresponsible of the Sharks management to sign Todd up, being fully aware of his past and imposing a zero tolerance policy in his contract. They set him up for failure and now have washed their hands.

Fully agree for once. After two club flicks,surely the light should have dawned.Who was in charge in October 2011 BTW? We know Flanno was coach.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He paid his dues.Perhaps it's time for TC to pay his after many debacles, and get on the wagon as a starting point.
On that basis he Blocker has every right to comment.Just as the likes of Johnny Cash did after spending time in prison.Difference is they learnt from their errors.

Funny how Brandy Alexander,Noddy,Hindmarsh believe the club had no other choice.But do go on,what would they know.

Let the lunatics run the asylum, squirt off possible sponsors,set examples for kids like this.Yep that's the way you do it.:sarcasm:

Ha. Tell. Just waht did Johnny Cash learn from Jail?

Since 73

First Grade
If Smith and Jim Doyle received a phone call in the morning that a first grade player had been CCTV'ed over night assaulting a person in the street with ALL the necessary details - it would be beyond them to make a call on the consequence for said player without knowing who it was.

His identity - MORE than anything - decides his fate.

Vin Fizz

Bench
I think it was irresponsible of the Sharks management to sign Todd up, being fully aware of his past and imposing a zero tolerance policy in his contract. They set him up for failure and now have washed their hands.
Certainly wasn't zero tolerance otherwise he'd have been long gone. And washed their hands? Im sure they haven't done that either.

Facts Only

Juniors
Did you support the 1 chance player in his moments of glory for the Sharks? Were you supportive of signing a player was not given the same level of chances at our club, as others?
I would have thought you would ahve been yelling from the bleeches to the club saying "2.5 million dollars is too risky for a 1 chance player that we are building our team around with his incredible recruitment drawing powers"?
No?

Reefy mate - I've been holding back, hoping someone - anyone will support you on this issue.
Mate - when we have people like you supporting the club - giving opinion on the club.
Thats why we're in this mess.
Flanagan and his support staff gone
Sharpe gone
Carney gone
and ASADA are about to make some decisions.
Gallen will go - yep you heard it here - he will end up suing every man and his dog trying to get out of it - BUT - by that time the club will have slid half way into the swamp out the back.

THEN they bring back the Trainers etc - WTF ??
Re sign Flanagan - WTF ??

Next . .
Give Sharpe his job back next year
Give Carney his job back next year
Give Birdy his job back

A CLUB IS ONLY AS GOOD AS ITS SUPPORTERS . . .

REEFY - give us a break and go follow Manly will ya. . . .

Yeh you'll have ya 2 bobs worth in reply, I know but when we surround ourselves with losers - what do we expect to do but LOSE. . .

Card Shark

Immortal

He wasnt signed to zero tolerance, he stated he came here because he was treated with respect & given a fair go - Flanno's attitude impressed him, that's why he signed on initially.

It's clear respect was only coming from 1 side after he signed the 5 year contract extension. He thought he'd done his time & that was the ok to become a f**kwit again.

He performed a lewd & disgraceful act in front of a camera, not in the privacy of his own home. Some "people" think that it's not so bad - that is their choice.

However, if you think paying someone 10% of our salary cap to run around the streets of Cronulla on his days off getting smashed & making a tool of himself (as has been reported by many on here), when often injured mind you, is becoming of his position in our club & the game, well you're a dope.

The club obviously had warned him about his misbehaviour but he's so tough, he snubbed his nose at them....& us! I just don't get how people think it's ok to kick us & our club in the guts like this - & collect a salary about 6 times greater than the average guy you represent & ultimately pays that salary out of his hard earned.

Go Figure :roll:

carcharias

Immortal
For what it's worth

I heard whispers of a new board organising itself.
I will be voting for them.

It is too early to give details... But if it does eventuate some of you
will be very happy.

I normally wouldn't have mentioned anything but I think us fans need a slight ray of hope.

Source is rock solid .

stevie013

Juniors
For what it's worth

I heard whispers of a new board organising itself.
I will be voting for them.

It is too early to give details... But if it does eventuate some of you
will be very happy.

I normally wouldn't have mentioned anything but I think us fans need a slight ray of hope.

Source is rock solid .

have heard the same thing mate. the person i spoke to didnt go into any great detail though. just that they were putting together a good and exciting team to challenge.

carcharias

Immortal
Yep
From the names I heard
1 experience
2 passion
3 history

All sharks men

Ey that could be the slogan haha!

taipan

Referee
Did you support the 1 chance player in his moments of glory for the Sharks? Were you supportive of signing a player was not given the same level of chances at our club, as others?
I would have thought you would ahve been yelling from the bleeches to the club saying "2.5 million dollars is too risky for a 1 chance player that we are building our team around with his incredible recruitment drawing powers"?
No?

Have put my money where my mouth is, ie on the bleeding Remondis wall as a starting point.

I judge players on their performances both on and off the field.It's not hard.And I don't have to yell from bleachers,or with a foghorn.

How do you know whether I was uncomfortable or not with the intial signing?

RUBIKS

Juniors
Screw the new board!

I'm going to start my own board, with Blackjack and hookers!

Latest posts