What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How man times are we going to hear this?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Well we keep hearing from Mary that he got us to a finals series in 2016. Well know we are going to hear that Mary got us 2 points from a minor premiership now. He has now got one better to keep reminding the board. Regardless if they get knocked out in week 1, that line will come out in spades. Can't see Dragons moving this guy on for a while.

Well we keep hearing from Mary that he got us to a finals series in 2016. Well know we are going to hear that Mary got us 2 points from a minor premiership now. He has now got one better to keep reminding the board. Regardless if they get knocked out in week 1, that line will come out in spades. Can't see Dragons moving this guy on for a while.
More spin than a Yo Yo

Dragonsteve2

Juniors

Slippery, we need to counter with:

"2015: 7 Straight Losses! No F---ing Idea!"

"2018: 6 Losses from 8! Still No K---ing Idea!"

ouryears

Bench
I can categorically say I have never heard him make that claim.
You are joking right.
Selective hearing ole boy / girl.

I have heard him say it between 6 and 9 times.

#no more Ilawarra gang
Useless Merkins

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You are joking right.
Selective hearing ole boy / girl.

I have heard him say it between 6 and 9 times.

#no more Ilawarra gang
Useless Merkins
Never heard him say
BIGGEST LOSS AT JUBILEE EVER.

BIGGEST 2 LOSSES IN A ROW EVER.

LEAST POINTS SCORED IN A YEAR SINCE JOINT VENTURE

MOST LOSSES.....

Ohhhh what's the point, We have been Illawarraised!
We live in a dead end street now.
Forum vote..

Do we let ouryears know the difference between 2015 and 2016 now, or do we let him keep carrying on like a pork chop?

I vote pork chop.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Slippery, we need to counter with:

"2015: 7 Straight Losses! No F---ing Idea!"

"2018: 6 Losses from 8! Still No K---ing Idea!"

The counter to that should be "if you did not lose to the team coming last you would have finished equal 1st and if your team put an effort in to honour a loyal servant on his last game and a young legend that past away you WOULD have won the minor premiership.

rednwhites

Juniors
In his defence, all these crappy years are blending into one. They are all identical in form and shape. A loss in week one of the finals is not that much more enjoyable than just being put to sleep when we deserve to be.

possm

Coach
Never heard him say
BIGGEST LOSS AT JUBILEE EVER.

BIGGEST 2 LOSSES IN A ROW EVER.

LEAST POINTS SCORED IN A YEAR SINCE JOINT VENTURE

MOST LOSSES.....

Ohhhh what's the point, We have been Illawarraised!
We live in a dead end street now.

What I don't understand is that Mary knew when SOO was to be played but did nothing to counter the fatigue that our participating players would experience. Yes we did not assume that Vaughan, De Belin and Sims would be selected but must have known that Frizell and Hunt were a good chance.

After experiencing the effects of fatigue over the previous two seasons, surely rotation of the forwards and resting injured players would have to figure in the plans for the 2018 season.

To me it seems Mary has always limited his aims to just making the final 8 and considered anything higher than that is a bonus.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The counter to that should be "if you did not lose to the team coming last you would have finished equal 1st and if your team put an effort in to honour a loyal servant on his last game and a young legend that past away you WOULD have won the minor premiership.
Yep agree 100%....end of story

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
What I don't understand is that Mary knew when SOO was to be played but did nothing to counter the fatigue that our participating players would experience. Yes we did not assume that Vaughan, De Belin and Sims would be selected but must have known that Frizell and Hunt were a good chance.

After experiencing the effects of fatigue over the previous two seasons, surely rotation of the forwards and resting injured players would have to figure in the plans for the 2018 season.

To me it seems Mary has always limited his aims to just making the final 8 and considered anything higher than that is a bonus.
I agree Possum I keep banging on about how there were games and opportunities where we were either getting soundly beaten or comfortably in a winning position and still he failed to rest these blokes and give the bench boys more game time.......which resulted in 1. players wernt rested when it was obvious they were busted and 2. When the inevitable injuries occurred we had very few players that had adequate 1st grade experience/game time to take up the challenge.........and your right I noticed the relief in his face and mannerisms when it was confirmed we had qualified for the 8....never mind that we had disintegrated to a depth even we didnt know we were capable of......at that my friend is why he should do the honourable thing and walk away now

TruSaint

Referee
Im not blaming the OP, but this topic has been done to death.

Everything from game plan, team selection, resting of players, timing of interchange, lack of full use of 17 men , in a 17 man game, etc etc etc...

Bottom line, as @Blood Shot Eyes said, and based on the massive capitulation again this year, he should do the honourable thing and walk.

He wont, we all know that. So does the board have enough "honour" or i should say "duty " to make this call for him ? NFI tbh.

At the minute we are one week away from Mad Monday. As much as I will be cheering on the players, I fully expect to see them in Bali come Tuesday week.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Funny thing is when Mary got questioned about how Saints will cope when the guys got picked for Origin he kept saying they had planned for this, everything was put in place to account for this period. He was bringing on juniors for a run every now and then and you were thinking he has it covered. Looked switched on good old Mary. Little did we know he plan was. If the players don't get injured and are out will use the rep players, if they are injured play juniors. Or was it, I will ask the boys and if they say they are OK play them, if not rest them. Both masterstroke plans.

Don't worry, he will tell the board he learnt from this experience and will be better next season. Just like he did last season.

dannyt

Coach
Funny thing is when Mary got questioned about how Saints will cope when the guys got picked for Origin he kept saying they had planned for this, everything was put in place to account for this period. He was bringing on juniors for a run every now and then and you were thinking he has it covered. Looked switched on good old Mary. Little did we know he plan was. If the players don't get injured and are out will use the rep players, if they are injured play juniors. Or was it, I will ask the boys and if they say they are OK play them, if not rest them. Both masterstroke plans.

Don't worry, he will tell the board he learnt from this experience and will be better next season. Just like he did last season.
Ultimately, the board is culpable. they keep hiring him.

They should know he's full of crap better than anyone.

Latest posts