What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many of you...

Red Bear

Referee
From a lot of posters who have played other sports and then League, it's great to see most of the preference is towards League. I've only ever grown up playing League and Squash, I can't really compare that to those who have played Union and Soccer though.

Although, from an outside perspective, League really is a sport that gives both teams an equal opportunity in both attack and defense. Union and Soccer could easily have an uneven level of possession and territory which will heavily impact a poor team. A poor team in League at least have a sporting chance of six tackles in possession before being scored against!
Not when you get scored against just about every set. And when you have the ball players lose it getting tackled. We got the mercy rule called on us in a game in high school because we were getting smashed.

Also, I prefer playing soccer, even tho i like league much more as a sport, mainly because I can hold my own and do some decent stuff in soccer whereas league I'm simply not the right body type at all.

M2D2

Bench
I played league, union & cricket as well as being a professional swimmer. Started playing baseball in my adult life.
I hated swimming as it was way to individual and lonely(i was 1500 meter swimmer).
Union i LOVED playing, it was fun. But i hated training for union. Absolutely hated it.
Cricket i got smacked in the head without a helmet and it ripped open the back of my ear/head my ear was holding on by a thread. After that i lacked the confidence in batting and quit.

League, Swimming and cricket i quit all within 6 months of each other. Then i got UBER fat. haha.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I got hit with a racket and copped a black eye playing squash

Great game

Gotta be super fit to play at any kind of high level

I stopped playing.......

dogslife

Coach
Played from u/6 to u/18, gave it away after 2 knee reco's in two years, unless you're getting paid shit loads those sorts of injuries take the desire to keep playing right out of you