What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Cam Smith and JT?

Usain Bolt

Bench
Neither of them bothered to show up to the captains call this morning in Sydney to promote the finals series, instead they sent along 2 nuff nuffs. Considering that advertising and promotion is a big part of the NRL finals series, surely these 2 players and the clubs should be punished. You can't spit in the face of the game and get away with it, this could cost the NRL thousands in ticket sales over the next month

beave

Coach
Could always have the Captains Call in Townsville and make all the Sydney merkins come to us?.....

chigurh

Don't have it in Sydney each year.

I'd have preferred it if Brisbane sent Josh McGuire instead of Hodges

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Neither of them bothered to show up to the captains call this morning in Sydney to promote the finals series, instead they sent along 2 nuff nuffs. Considering that advertising and promotion is a big part of the NRL finals series, surely these 2 players and the clubs should be punished. You can't spit in the face of the game and get away with it, this could cost the NRL thousands in ticket sales over the next month

Gavin Cooper is no nuff nuff

besides, no-one cares who is in the photos

big deal

redvscotty

First Grade
Unacceptable.

I despise Hodges on every level of hate there is available to me, but he at least turned up.

Pea hearts, don't deserve to captain their teams.

Honestly, I'm not surprised Smith didn't turn up, he's been rubbishing the game for years, but how could JT turn his back on the fans?!??!

typicalfan

Coach
The NRL expects these guys and their clubs to have them travel and forego important sessions leading up to the finals and potentially cost their team?

Deadset lemmings.

Frailty

First Grade
The NRL expects these guys and their clubs to have them travel and forego important sessions leading up to the finals and potentially cost their team?

Deadset lemmings.

Yeah, because its not their job to help promote the game or anything...

Not a big issue, but realistically they should be there except for special circumstances.

As for 'not having it in Sydney every year'. Well, the headquarters of the sport is in Sydney, the Grand Final is held in Sydney, thus the launch will be in Sydney. Until the Grand Final is rotated at different grounds ala the Superbowl, it's not going to change.

typicalfan

Coach
Yeah, because its not their job to help promote the game or anything...

Not a big issue, but realistically they should be there except for special circumstances.

As for 'not having it in Sydney every year'. Well, the headquarters of the sport is in Sydney, the Grand Final is held in Sydney, thus the launch will be in Sydney. Until the Grand Final is rotated at different grounds ala the Superbowl, it's not going to change.

They will do a better job promoting the game by putting in their possible performance on the weekend.

GongPanther

Referee
One of these players not turning up for whatever reason is somewhat understandable.

But to have both of them in not turning up is best described as doing what one pleases...with a middle finger.

moffla

Bench
I can understand Smith, who is under the whether as it is, preferring not to fly from Brisbane to Melbourne, to Sydney, to Melbourne and back to Sydney for a photo before the biggest game of his season to be honest.

As mentioned though, this really is a non issue

Last edited: