What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many?

RedVDave

First Grade
Hello league unlimiteder's I was just curious about.

-How many episodes do you give a new TV series before you deem it unwatchable?
-How long do you get into a movie before you decide it's not worth sitting through?
-How many pages do you get into a book before you decide it's unreadable?

For me I'll give a show 3-5 episodes tops if I'm not hooked by then I'll pull the plug. With movies I'll always watch it the whole way through most movies only go 90mins and if it's tragically bad I enjoy making fun of it. I love reading it's very rare I get a bad book but I have tossed a book aside after 3 chapters if it's poorly written or just really uninspiring.

Matua

Bench
I don't think I haver a set number. If I don't like a pilot then sometimes I'll stop. Sometimes I'll watch a few episodes just to see if ti improves. I watched the pilot of Breaking Bad when it first came out and thought it was brilliant, then watched the second episode and it was crap so I stopped watching. I didn't finish watching that first series until years later when it became popular on Netflix.

With movies if I'm bored I'll just switch it off, which occasionally just be based on my mood at the time rather than quality.

I'm way more cutthroat with books than I used to be, I used to just keep reading but now I'll put down a book if I'm bored.

I'm not a fantasy reader so my funniest incomplete read is Game of Thrones. I read it after watching the first season of the show and loving it but found it a pretty bad read, and the Arya chapters were probably the worst despite her being the most interesting character in the show. I was reading it while staying at a mates place and when I left to go home I had a chapter left so the plan was to buy/borrow the book when I got home. I still haven't finished it.