What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Fill a Stadium

Mango

Juniors
HOW TO FILL A STADIUM

Hold a game of Rugby between Wallabies and All Blacks and charge $300 + per seat or play a game of league and sell tickets to Aussies at $30+ and invite anyone with a NZ passport to collect a free ticket.
result is a sellout crowd to rugby at premium or half full at a loss to the Mungoes. NO WONDER RUGBY IS THE GAME WITH A FUTURE. I know you wish it wasn't true but there is no need to go to the archives on this one...just check any major eastern states paper with todays date.

incredible_holc

Juniors
HOW TO PLAY A GAME

ok because you dont have any juniors
buy a load of league players
steal all leagues idea's
go out kick a few penalty goals
there your done now go back to your private school with your interesting nightime activiteies;) (weve heard about them on the news)

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mango said:
HOW TO FILL A STADIUM

Hold a game of Rugby between Wallabies and All Blacks and charge $300 + per seat or play a game of league and sell tickets to Aussies at $30+ and invite anyone with a NZ passport to collect a free ticket.
result is a sellout crowd to rugby at premium or half full at a loss to the Mungoes. NO WONDER RUGBY IS THE GAME WITH A FUTURE. I know you wish it wasn't true but there is no need to go to the archives on this one...just check any major eastern states paper with todays date.

Funny that, I didn't pay anything for the ticket I recieved off a mate who works at A Major Player in the finance industry for The Bloody-Slow in 2003

Shouldn't you be off learning the words to Waltzing Matilda instead of running your tirede little trolls on a REAL rugby website??

Cheers,
Ben S.

PS: The Australian Kangaroos - The nation's greatest Rugby team...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Mango said:
HOW TO FILL A STADIUM

:roll:

This is a league site.

We dont care what gibberish comes out of peoples mouths such as yourselves.

The tickets may have been free, but what about the airfare costs and the accomodation??

Dont see you bringing up that point now do we??

Raider_69

Post Whore
umm you guys do reliese that these tickets were paid for?
Eric watson brought them meaning that their is no losses for the game or the stadium............. you blokes at union couldnt be so lucky to have a bloke that cares for your game as much as Watson does for ours.....

Its uppercut time.... double or triple?
Double will do

bazza

Referee
How to Fill a stadium Part 2:
Play a State of Origin game
Play and NRL grand final
Play a Roosters v Dogs NRL semi-final
Have the Penrith Panthers play another suburban team

Special K

Coach
ahahaha rugby gives away thousands of tickets. My mates in melbourne had something like 200 tickets dropped off at their work for rugby games where they could pick and choose what they wanted.

Rugby gives away thousands of tickets more then league ever has.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
:roll: to the whole free tickets debate, :roll: to how it supposedly makes RL look to the general public, this NRL season is one of the best I've seen for a long time. Its been a fair while since the comp has been so hotly contested by so many quality sides. Absolutely nothing wrong with the product.

In NZ, the spiritual home of RU, the Warriors are the front page news. If anyone needs to rent a crowd ATM, its a number of the NPC teams. Naturally, things will be different come WC time.

Unless the ARU gets thing sorted out at grass roots level, rugby in Australia may not have quite the rosy future you predict, Mango. Things are looking pretty positive in NZ, we may be entering another era of NZ dominance over Australia, so there may come a time where even the Bledisloe cup takes a bit of a dive in popularity over on your side of the ditch. Having said that, I'm not going to write off Australia's chances in the WC for a second, though they are a bit of an aging team. Where are their young 'up & comings'? How many of them are there?

Agent Mulder

Bench
They weren't free Watson paid for them.
Aussie RU has nothing and all you union bitches will have a big cry when England wins the RU world cup anyway.

miccle

Bench
They were paid for - simple as that.

Secondly, everyone second person had warriors beanies, shirts, jerseys, flags etc.

Whilst you're paying out NRL crowds - it's kinda unfair to compare it to an international event. So - how do the brumbies, waratahs, reds etc. go in crowd sizes? 10? 15? :lol:

jack coburn

Juniors
go to any club union game,amongst the 10,000 seats you'll find about 200 people.last year's club union gf crowd 11,000 people,10,000 were free. nsw give away thousand's and still can't fill the sfs and that's the state team, poor old upper class girls run back to daddy mango he'll take care of you.

Mango said:
HOW TO FILL A STADIUM

LOL @ Union.

Some people just don't get it.

Union has people like you by the cods. You're the one paying $300.00 to watch a game and that's only if you can get a ticket because they've handed out heaps of the tickets to people who don't pay. If you happen to get a ticket, take comfort in the fact that your $300.00 is subsidising their tickets.

Apart from that you have 5 games of Super12 or Club Rugby to tide you over for 12 months of every year. Get's the pulse racing doesn't it?

NSW vs some South African team that NSW will slaughter or some NZ team that will slaughter NSW. But on the plus side, you can go to a Club Game and sit with the player's relatives. Before the game is over you'll be on a first name basis with everyone at the ground.

And if you're balmy enough to go to a club Union match, chances are that you won't see any of the top players because they're being rested for a match 6 weeks away.

I on the other hand have a choice of 3 or 4 top class matches of League to choose from every week from March to October. I get to watch the top players in my chosen sport week in week out.

I feel for you.

Rustay

Juniors
God whats with all the bitching. Is it impossible to like both games? Union and League are my two favourite sports, mind watching International Union is better than League but club rugby and SOO league dominates. I dont care what ya say, i like both codes as they are the two best sports going around. Then soccer and afl. :D

Bengal

Juniors
Mango said:
HOW TO FILL A STADIUM

Boy oh boy this is funny!

Pay $300 to go and see a rugby game!

I thought rah rahs were supposed to be an intelligent lot?

$300 - either they're a dumb lot or the Union heirachy are ripping their fans off!

Hold on I know!

The rah rah bosses know their fans aren't the full quid so they know that they can rip them off lol.

Big Bunny

Juniors
Mango said:
at a loss to the Mungoes. NO WONDER RUGBY IS THE GAME WITH A FUTURE.

I could less for a game that has far too many supporters like you. Rugby union in Australia was, is and always will be a code that takes pride on an elitist attitude, one that excluded and derides those less privileged. That was swept under the covers at the dawn of professionalism in 95... when union suddenly realized it needs those people it insults, in order to grow.

England, New Zealand, France, South Africa and Australia. Sure, your code exists in a stack of nations, but only those mentioned are or will be a realistic chance of winning a World Cup within the next 20-30 years. Your code is now experiencing what RL has felt since 1895, that an amateur nation cannot bridge the gap with professional nations without following the same long development and funding path.

One national squad, 3 domestic teams of which none are actual rep teams and a band of fans that ignored their favoured code until the mid 90's.... it's hardly impressive. Should the Super 12 die and the NZRFU decide that they don't want Aussies in the NPC (as is likely) you will be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Hardly a secure future now is it?

Mango

Juniors
Well didn't this little thread throw some light on the issue. :( :( Still waiting for a reply from someone with an IQ above the days date. :twisted: :twisted:

Nut

Juniors
Mango said:
Still waiting for a reply from someone with an IQ above the days date. :twisted: :twisted:

Or in other words "I have nothing intelligent to say so ill use a cheap comeback"