What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to fix the Roosters "Juniors" problems

Anonymous

Juniors
t-ba the hutt said:
RICHO said:
Those "Union" schools are just scared. They play in their own little comp, and rave about how good it is, when in reality it is selective, and not every school can have a crack.

They are scared of playing against the boys in the Public School system. Wether it be in League, Union, or whatever. Instead, they prefer to go on about how good their comp is.

BRING IT ON PANZY BOYS!

Not sure on that. Joeys and Kings buy Country Kids with the help of the Squeels and the Dogs.

The only GPS schools with a genuinely Xenophobic fear of RL are the Eastern Suburbs ones. I think that has alot to do with how tenuous the link with the AAGPS schools like Grammar and Sydney Boys. They aren't strong enough to break the rigid dogma coming from HQ. Whereas a strong school like Iggies can do whatever the hell it wants and just WTF are the others going to do about it?

There is one eastern suburb GPS school. Waverley and Cranbrook are CAS. And whilst Cranbrooks rugby credentials are laughable, Waverley's are not. 3 current Wallabies and some NRL first graders is not soft IMO.

Dragon Fanatic said:
Ok, you blokes must be sick and tired of being told off about your lack of juniors. Its true you have next to no juniors.
To get this problem fixed is quite easy.
You have HUGE private schools in the Eastern Suburbs who either play Rugby Union or don't have any preference to any sport.
The schools are:
-The Cranbrook School (Bellevue Hill) Full of wealthy and willing young Union players. Pop 1300 (All boys years K-12)

-The Scots College (Bellevue Hill) Full of very handy and wealthy Union players some whom made the Australian schoolboys Rugby side this year. Pop 1200 (All Boys Years K-12)

-Waverley College (Waverley) Real wealth off talent and great Rugby school where many great League and Union players have been teethed also many who made Australian schoolboys rugby side- Pop 1400 (All boys Years 5-12)

-Reddam House (Woollahra) Very wealthy and very new school with plenty of talented youngsters- Pop 1160 (Co ed Years K-12)

-Rose Bay Secondary College (Dover Heights and Vaucluse) Public school which I am sure will have a well of talent just waiting to be used.

These are the major schools in the Eastern Suburbs that have males enrolled. Why not say, create a Rugby League competition a knock out just one day and try and get the support of these schools. How will you get the support of these Rugby schools you ask?
Do what the Roosters do best throw money at them. Even places like Cranbrook can’t get enough of the stuff and a place like Dover would love to get involved. I’m telling you now getting League into the private schools in the Eastern suburbs will stop the bitching from other clubs about you buying players. Even just running like gala days or development days it will help immensely.

You have in excess of 5100 boys who are just waiting to play League. Now obviously not all of these boys will play but I think you will pleasantly surprised with how many who will. Your hardest task is getting the schools to comply.

It has been attempted twice to get players involved with the GPS/CAS schools of the Eastern Suburbs but to no avail.

As for Dover they probably would have gone for it but Dover no longer exists it was closed down.

The Roosters have double there numbers in the ranks from 6's to 10's over the last 5 years and are continuing on that path and hopefully retaining what they have whilst developing from the ground up.

Anonymous

Juniors
There's so much bullshit about GPS schools being ahead of CAS schools.

Barker, Knox and Waverley could all compete in the GPS competition. Not that we'd want to.

Plus I know for a fact Barker and Knox don't give out scholarships. Pretty sure Waverley don't either do they Timbo?

These schools will not say no to money as Dragon Fanatic said. Don't the ARU pay them to keep rugby only?

dimitri

First Grade
although i believe the roosters have no juniors

you cant link that with having a large gay population

ian roberts was one of best and toughest players the game has ever seen

Anonymous

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
There's so much bullsh*t about GPS schools being ahead of CAS schools.

Barker, Knox and Waverley could all compete in the GPS competition. Not that we'd want to.

Plus I know for a fact Barker and Knox don't give out scholarships. Pretty sure Waverley don't either do they Timbo?

These schools will not say no to money as Dragon Fanatic said. Don't the ARU pay them to keep rugby only?

Not sporting ones. They used to try and claim good players on music scholarships but that is a long discontinued practice, and I only recall a couple of basketballers at that.

Knox brought in a few South African swimmers once I seem to recall.

But no footballers.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
dimitri said:
ian roberts was one of best and toughest players the game has ever seen

Is there an Ian Roberts Junior running round? Nope.

It is a fact that whilst the eastern suburbs is the gay capital of the southern hemisphere they will remain juniorless.

supermario

Juniors
Gunna Matter said:
melon.... said:
Gunna Matter said:
When the vast majority of adults in your area are gay you will never have juniors.
Won any premierships lately? Sorry to hear that...

No, whats that got to do with the subject? I was merely pointing out that the eastern suburbs has a huge gay population (about 80%) who for obvious reasons cannot produce potential footballers. You are not homophobic are you?

Thankyou Mr australian beurau of statistics ! Dead set you are a goose ! Man that is funny, 80% of people in the eastern suburbs are gay ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

i'm not even going to go on, your post smacks of ignorance and stupidity !

Anonymous

Juniors
supermario said:
Gunna Matter said:
melon.... said:
Gunna Matter said:
When the vast majority of adults in your area are gay you will never have juniors.
Won any premierships lately? Sorry to hear that...

No, whats that got to do with the subject? I was merely pointing out that the eastern suburbs has a huge gay population (about 80%) who for obvious reasons cannot produce potential footballers. You are not homophobic are you?

Thankyou Mr australian beurau of statistics ! Dead set you are a goose ! Man that is funny, 80% of people in the eastern suburbs are gay ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

i'm not even going to go on, your post smacks of ignorance and stupidity !

Hmmm well I live in Coogee and I'm not gay....No one in my house is gay....Only one of my friends is gay.....No one else I know is gay....

So is it just co-incident I only know one gay person or what?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Hmmm well I live in Coogee and I'm not gay....No one in my house is gay....Only one of my friends is gay.....No one else I know is gay....

Therefore witches are made of wood.

Did I say every household in the eastern suburbs is gay? I have nothing against gays but it is an undeniable fact that the eastern suburbs is the gay capital of the southern hemishpere. Do you disagree? Okay. Thankyou. So it is therefore logical that this is a major reason the chooks have no juniors and have to steal and cheat to get them any way they can. I rest my case.

Anonymous

Juniors
What's undeniable is that you are an idiot.

I was rebutting your point that 95% of the eastern suburbs is gay. I imagine I'd know more than one gay guy if this were true.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
We should also be examining the large number of drug addicts and alcoholics in the eastern suburbs, a far greater proportion then anywhere else in the western world.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Of course we should not ignore the high ratio of criminals who reside in the eastern suburbs. Interestingly a lot of criminals are drug addicts and alcoholics and engage in homosexual acts. What chance have the juniors got?

Gunna Matter said:
We should also be examining the large number of drug addicts and alcoholics in the eastern suburbs, a far greater proportion then anywhere else in the western world.

Having lived in Bondi and Cronulla I know which one has the more deadbeats and drop kicks, drunks and drug addicts.

You should change your username to Line Drop Out. Because you are a drop kick that has never made a valid point.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
[quote="Southern Rooster
Having lived in Bondi and Cronulla I know which one has the more deadbeats and drop kicks, drunks and drug addicts.

.[/quote]
You agree with me then?

Kris_man

Bench
class of 2002 Timbo? haha, i'm older than you. and all this time i assumed you were in your thirties...