What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to fix the Roosters "Juniors" problems

I'm not quite with it when it comes to the arguement over Juniors. What is the problem anyway? Is it because the clubs use a portion of their income to fund juniors?

So the Roosters don't have a large Junior base. So what? They buy players, but doesn't everybody? It's a free market right?

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Kurtley Beale is a freak.
Hes on the Souths REDS development but one of the Ella's got him into Joeys and he hasn't looked back. Last year he played U15'S NSWCIS league but now he's in the 1sts at Joeys he aint going back. And how are you supposed to play outside sport if you board?

Mal Meninga

Bench
Timbo said:
Well at Waverley and a lot of schools there is no choice. You have to play school sport and can only play outside sport if it doesn't clash with school matches/practices. Which is next to impossible.
Club league and union have been able to re-schedule games around private school union. They normally have trainings after the school, and games on Friday nights and Sundays. Only time people would have a problem is if they play opens.

Booyah said:
They aren't.
Thought so. :lol:

Dragon Fanatic said:
Kurtley Beale is a freak.
Hes on the Souths REDS development but one of the Ella's got him into Joeys and he hasn't looked back. Last year he played U15'S NSWCIS league but now he's in the 1sts at Joeys he aint going back. And how are you supposed to play outside sport if you board?
So he's on scholarship?
I read that he lived with his grandparents so I was wondering how they could afford Joeys insane tuition(Nothing racially intended)
The boarders are allowed to go out on weekends.
And he actually made the CIS 2's team, so the guy that made 1's better become a Johns\Lockeyer hybrid that never gets injured, or otherwise league really dropped the ball.