What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How was your GF Day !! and is this ok to post here ?

Anonymous

Juniors
Took my wife and 4 kids ( not all mine ) to the Grand Final and all up the cost is almost a grand with cheap accommodation, ( we live in the country ) tickets, ( average tickets at the southern end of the ground not under cover ) meals and fuel.

We started well with 2 1/2 meter flags hanging out the back of each side of our car all the way from Wooloomooloo, down George St , Broadway , Parramatta Road and into Homebush.

Something I always wanted to do, and we got some pips yells and cheers all the way. From there it just got worse and worse

P3 parking is just a litte more than what the girl said ( 5 mins ) who sold me the tickets away from the stadium and it took us 25 minutes during the 1st storm to get there.we were drenched.

All of our streamers got wet and the die ran all over the place and ruined an old white away jersey that got in the way of some red die. We sat out the second game and that was fine. Then a blue started behind us ( they got kicked out ) and we were still an hour away from kickoff. my wife went up to get some chips and hot dogs and she came back for more money coz it was $45.00 for some lousey hot dogs, 2 drinks and 4 buckets of chips.

A bright spot here was that i met Edtheved, A top bloke and the only Wallster i have ever met. He was shocked when he saw me he he he .

Then the socalled entertainment started and it was absolutely hopless ! do I need to say more about Meathead ( all the Rif supporters knew all the words of his songs and sang along ) and a few harleys around the ground, and then some prize winning chick singer from the states God dont we have Ozie performers thant can play at an ozie footy match for god sake?

The smoke from the few fire crakers while meathead sang also blocked out the entire Eastern Stand, you could not see a single person for 5 or so minutes and then they wont let people smoke at the ground

Then the drunks started, blokes that had either been somewhere else on the grog or at the game all day wandering round up and down the aisles Pssied to the eyeballs, then one guy was in our aisle falling allover us as he got in and out. i was on the aisle seat and there must have been 50 ***ken times I had to let people in and out and they were comming back with trays of Pssi getting drunker all the time spilling it all over the place. This went on for the entire game. It always gets me why they get on the grog at the prices etc and they want to get so bloody pssid that they dont even know where their seat is let alone whats doing with the game. If they want to get on the peace dont go to the footy!! we wanted to watch the game ???

The coppers came over and had to forcebly remove some other creep that couldnt just sit there and watch a game of footy that they were winning??

Then the boos, everytime an add for something or a shot of a rooster player was on the screen any rooster player or anything at all that signifed the roosters got booed, during the premier match they flicked to campbell and mini in the dressing rooms on the big screen, Mini was booed everything red white and blue got booed How do these idiots think little kids felt ? *** morons and the boos were form 75% of the crowd, it must have been scary for little Rooster kids and they say its family entertainment ?

The NRL need to do something about the so called family thing coz its not working

With the seats we had which cost apporox $300 the big screen was where we watched most of the game, dont let anyone tell you that the end seats are fine ! thats crapp !! they are terrible seats, they are a rip off.

Of course then the rain started during the National Anthem and never really let up for the entire game, which is not any ones fault but its just a pain in the arse, we had Rif, Dog and most other club supporters screaming in our ears, we had obvious dogs calling us cheats etc etc all in all the entire day was an absolute disaster.

By the time we got back to our car and back to our pub it was 12.30 and we had lost and we were all miserable.

Mate never again !! Call ma an old winger ! I dont give a **** !! **** the atmosphere , a couple of beers and a couple of chops on me barby with some mates before the game and then into the loungeroom to watch the game next year will do me !! and ill put the grand towards a trip to somewhere nice.

**** The GF ..........

Walshie ...........

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Hey Walshie have been to the last 3 Grand Finals we played in and by far and away that was the worst atmosphere.....

I was mortified at the Crowds behaviour...I had Panther fans abuse us before we even sat down...and idiots standing up in front of us the whole game and I took my 5 year old and left my husband at home with the baby thank god.

Yes the rain started the minute the game kicked off and never stopped until it finished which only made things worse.

Even if we had won the match the day was dampened by the bad sportsmanship shown not only by Penrith fans but also bandwagon fans following the Panthers on the day.

All in all nothing will top last years Grand Final....that was a perfect day in every sense of the word.. even though Billy Idol didnt sing.....the Warriors fans were far better behaved than the Panthers and so were the Broncos back in 2000 for that matter.

I am seriously considering not going to another Grand Final....but I tell you if we make it again I probably will still go :lol: Just can't keep this silly girl away.

However I can see you point of view it is pretty sad when you go and it costs a bomb, you sit in the rain, and then even when the opposition win thats not enough they have to treat your Team like crap......

Don't worry Walshie what goes around comes around.

My Grandfinal Day was a disaster from beginning to end.

Mate, the sparrows hadn't sounded and my eyes flew open like a set of Crazy Clark bamboo blinds. At that precise moment my lungs and heart flooded my mouth and I had a panic attack. I leap out of bed only to start dry retching. I worked until the Sunday Footyshow started. I have no idea what transpired after that as I started to feel weak, so I set all my Roosters gear and T.V in my bedroom and was in a coma until the game started. I managed feeble moans throughout the game and didn't despair until the 65th minute. It's been downhill from there.

:lol:

ay, how bad was Meatloaf. If Cosima wasn't performing live then they should have asked her. Yes, I'm weak, I taped Idol. :?

TheEye

Juniors
We were guaranteed to lose the gf...

I went to work at my shop at midday only to find my employee boofhead (now my ex-employee boofhead) who was supposed to open the shop hadn't bothered to turn up (or let me know).... so I was down the gurgler several hundred dollars before midday.

Knew right then and there we were in trouble for the gf.

HoLLuS

Juniors
I was lucky i didn't have to waste a bomb for the game, got invited by a friend's dad, so i was siting in the members...perfect seats, 16 rows back and just on the edge of cover so i didn't get wet at all...

However the feeling was dull, i was surrounded by bandwagon pamfers....if i ever hear anyone say "Oh great tackle Cambpell" ever again i will scream, the same etard was screaming it everytime the guy made a tackle, with the help of 10 other team mates...although he was rather silent the couple of times Ricko ran straight over cambpell...

...when the game was over i went back to the members area, to drown my sorrows in a bourbon and coke..or few, only to be hounded by drunken old men...one dickhead even came right up to me in my face...as i was on the phone...he would have been like 50...and so some slurred s hit in such a snide tone...my response was just 'piss off dickhead'....sore winners for sure...

the result took away any positive feelings i had of the whole night..if any...

carcharias

Immortal
bad luck Walshie I feel for you and the family .
Sorry I cant do much about the booing but you must realise not many people like the Roosters.
When the camera was put on preston he smiled and waved to the camera Minichello did nothing and looked a bit arrogant . Maybe if he gave the fans a bit of a wave he might not of been booed so loudly.
And I know its a grand final and he was concentrating but surley a little wave couldn't of hurt.
I follow niether team.

The Backpacker

Juniors
...Morticia... said:
HoLLuS said:
The Backpacker said:
HoLLuS said:
only to be hounded by drunken old men...he would have been like 50...

Oh good god. He's nearly ready for the grave. ;-)

he should have acted his age...that's what i'm saying...

haha bp. you've been told. time to act your age old man. :lol:

I knew that Hollus.

:D

Spawn - you now have exactly 18 years until the grim reaper starts sniffing. I wouldn't be so quick to laugh - the years go quickly once you hit the wrong side of 30. Just ask ozzie and Pen. :shock: :lol:

Knightmare

Coach
You have to ask yourself what you would rather- being abused sitting in the seats at Telstra Stadium, or being abused by fans standing on the grass hill all day at the old SCG. It's all relative. I agree that something needs to be done about ticket prices, but if you support a team like the Roosters who are the tall poppies, then it can only be expected that opposition fans will give it to you.

The Backpacker said:
Spawn - you now have exactly 18 years until the grim reaper starts sniffing. I wouldn't be so quick to laugh - the years go quickly once you hit the wrong side of 30. Just ask ozzie and Pen. :shock: :lol:

Morticia, laugh while you can mate, cause at my age if I laugh too loud my dentures clatter to the ground. ;-)

roostergirl

Juniors
Woke up. Drove to Bondi to drink coffee & read newspapers. Drove past the esron on the way back to Randwick. Saw Crossy & Ricko leaning on balconies. Watched Footy Show. Caught a bus & train to Stadium. Got soaked walking from train station. Watched all 3 games in the rain. Got abused by dogs supporters who were going for Penrith. 5 mnins 2 go got upset & started to cry. Game finished and got a lift back to hotel room.
Next day flew home.

The end.

HoLLuS

Juniors
...Morticia... said:
HoLLuS said:
The Backpacker said:
HoLLuS said:

i wasn't referring to backpacker fool.....perhaps you should read the posts carefully next time, to avoid looking like a complete idiot....unless ofcourse you're used to it.....

Agent Mulder

Bench
Walshie said:
Then the drunks started, blokes that had either been somewhere else on the grog or at the game all day wandering round up and down the aisles Pssied to the eyeballs, then one guy was in our aisle falling allover us as he got in and out. i was on the aisle seat and there must have been 50 ***ken times I had to let people in and out and they were comming back with trays of Pssi getting drunker all the time spilling it all over the place. This went on for the entire game. It always gets me why they get on the grog at the prices etc and they want to get so bloody pssid that they dont even know where their seat is let alone whats doing with the game. If they want to get on the peace dont go to the footy!! we wanted to watch the game ???

Walshie ...........

Mate, Aint it truth? I hate when i go to a bloody football game and people are non stop getting up and i always have to move to let them thru...you pay thru the nose for a ticket and they can't stay still for 80 minutes of football? I get up once for a smoke at halftime and thats it.

Deadset...some people who go to the football are idiots...i swear some of them don't even watch the game...only get pissed...I see it all the time at Parramatta Stadium.

Your post really hit a raw nerve with me as well....The last time i went to Telstra Stadium was for the "big" Parramatta Vs Canterbury match earlier this year and Your words exactly "Never Again"...It pissed down all game plus we lost...All in All the place is a joke & a complete rip off..

Best Stadium in the world? My F*cking ass...What a shithole.

Call me an old whinger as well...But the place is F*Cked

The Backpacker

Juniors
HoLLuS said:
...Morticia... said:
HoLLuS said:
The Backpacker said:
HoLLuS said:

i wasn't referring to backpacker fool.....perhaps you should read the posts carefully next time, to avoid looking like a complete idiot....unless ofcourse you're used to it.....

With all due respect Hollus, the comment wasn't directed at you, it was directed at me and is a joke - which I got. Morticia is neither a fool nor a complete idiot. Its a shame that people choose to be so judgemental of people they don't know nor have come across in any great capacity in a forum.

The Backpacker

Juniors
HoLLuS said:
my bad....

not judgemental...just misinterpreted....it happens quite often...

It's all good. It happens to the best of us. :D

I'm just an over protective father - or should that be 'old man'. ;-)