What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How will it be done

POPEYE

Coach
I once knew a bloke who couldn't fight his way out of wet paper bag with his fists but no-one went near him when he was cranky, put many a man on his arse with a Liverpool Kiss. Since concussion is the easiest way to put an opposition player out of action what will be one of the many ways to do it once it becomes fashionable

Run in with both arms outstretched, turn the head at the last moment and use the parietal bone (horn) to smash an eye socket will be preferred by most front rowers ala Graham. Second man in will probably use the frontal bone, every other bone below it is a sucker for this motherf**ker. Anyone trying to use other than these two as a weapon should stick to tackling around the legs

Then there's always the accidental knee, care has to be taken to aim properly, a knee can be hurt badly if it hits a parietal or frontal bone and it would be embarrassing if the wrong bloke went off. Can imagine the day will come when big blokes start walking like Serena, practice using hips to the head will have it's side effects

At least chicken wings, grapples and crunches will be superseded and disappear in favour of anything and everything than can cause concussion. Worst still, how many players will use it as an excuse to leave the field pretending they don't want to go when they're having a bad hair day . . . no scans to prove they're full of shit

eozsmiles

Bench
I once knew a bloke who couldn't fight his way out of wet paper bag with his fists but no-one went near him when he was cranky, put many a man on his arse with a Liverpool Kiss. Since concussion is the easiest way to put an opposition player out of action what will be one of the many ways to do it once it becomes fashionable

Run in with both arms outstretched, turn the head at the last moment and use the parietal bone (horn) to smash an eye socket will be preferred by most front rowers ala Graham. Second man in will probably use the frontal bone, every other bone below it is a sucker for this motherf**ker. Anyone trying to use other than these two as a weapon should stick to tackling around the legs

Then there's always the accidental knee, care has to be taken to aim properly, a knee can be hurt badly if it hits a parietal or frontal bone and it would be embarrassing if the wrong bloke went off. Can imagine the day will come when big blokes start walking like Serena, practice using hips to the head will have it's side effects

At least chicken wings, grapples and crunches will be superseded and disappear in favour of anything and everything than can cause concussion. Worst still, how many players will use it as an excuse to leave the field pretending they don't want to go when they're having a bad hair day . . . no scans to prove they're full of shit

Paragraph 1 - Since I've been watching the sport, it's always been fashionable to put an opponent out of the game with injury. It doesn't matter what part of the body and it doesn't matter how it's done.

Paragraph 2 - Players already do this. What stops them doing it all the time is personal safety. Attitudes towards personal safety won't change.

Paragraph 3 - Accidental knees are already common. So are deliberate ones.

Paragraph - Chicken wings etc will not be superseded, and players will not fake injury to protect their hair.

POPEYE

Coach
Because players now have to leave the field even if they aren't concussed but might be, when in the past they were allowed to shrug it off, you reckon meat heads still won't change their point of attack

POPEYE

Coach
It was just a fishing expedition, not had much luck since all those flathead on the Hawkesbury when I came close to sinking a houseboat . . . but that's another story

I was trying to think of a player, a cheap shot merchant from the distant past, who would be big enough and fast enough and with today's training would fit today's game. A player that was absolutely merciless and definitely take advantage of today's concussion rules.

Didn't take long to come up with a perfect candidate. Judging by the havoc he caused and got away with during his career I have no doubt he could have many a player heading for concussion tests and the NRL would need ultra slow motion to catch him, admittedly something he never had to contend with.

He would find a way, the bloke I'm thinking of wouldn't hesitate suffering pain to create greater pain and it would always appear accidental. There have been many like him over the years, his son now plays for the Rabbitohs

Mattc

Juniors
It was just a fishing expedition, not had much luck since all those flathead on the Hawkesbury when I came close to sinking a houseboat . . . but that's another story

I was trying to think of a player, a cheap shot merchant from the distant past, who would be big enough and fast enough and with today's training would fit today's game. A player that was absolutely merciless and definitely take advantage of today's concussion rules.

Didn't take long to come up with a perfect candidate. Judging by the havoc he caused and got away with during his career I have no doubt he could have many a player heading for concussion tests and the NRL would need ultra slow motion to catch him, admittedly something he never had to contend with.

He would find a way, the bloke I'm thinking of wouldn't hesitate suffering pain to create greater pain and it would always appear accidental. There have been many like him over the years, his son now plays for the Rabbitohs

Rocket?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Baby John Burgess?

POPEYE

Coach

I was talking to him a few years ago in Mudgee when he was scouting for the Eels, you can understand why when out of form he was still picked to play against the Poms . . . must have been hard for them to concentrate on footy and keep an eye out for our Rodney

Parra

Referee
1329324191123.jpg

POPEYE

Coach
Melbourne's new big bloke, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, sails pretty close to the wind, he showed in the junior test yesterday a killer instinct reminiscent of the 80's. Can't see him staying on the good side of the judiciary if he doesn't apply a little more cunning

Latest posts